OOTD: FLOUNCE AND RUFFLES FOR PETITES

I was bored and uninspired with fashion for the longest time.

You know with the whole normcore, "basic bitch" thing....

Nothing wrong with that, I am super guilty of filling my closet with multiples of basics that fit well and I still love them to this day.

It's just that when you're into style blogging, basics get boring cause there's only so much you can do with them. (At least for me.)

I still have a penchant for the stark, minimal look but I am super happy with fashion's current direction. More! is More! is so refreshing! I'm loving all the ruffles and lace and patterns and textures upon textures upon prints.

But a petite like me may drown in all that so here's how to easily pull it off...

flounce and ruffles for petites
RUFFLES FOR PETITES
As much as I adore all those heavily ruffled skirts and blouses that scream Ole! I can't help but see myself as a wedding cake each time I try and slip them on.

But seriously if you're long and lean go for the exaggerated flared hems!

But me, I just need to settle for a bit of ruffle detail instead of full on.

And pair with a simple top so as not to look "weighed down" by all the extra frill.

flounce and ruffles for petites
BALI BASKET BAG
Since I am also a bit top heavy (huhu), I chose a blouse that skims my shape.

When you're "quite blessed" tight clothes may make you look bigger than you actually are, unless it has a deep neckline...but I'm not so much into showing cleavage so I chose this instead.

Also, it falls and cinches right at the waist so not all shape is lost.

flounce and ruffles for petites
GINGHAM RUFFLE PANTS STREET STYLE
To further elongate your look, pair with shoes that don't contrast so much with your skin tone or wear high heels. I can't tolerate high heels for long periods of time anymore so I chose to wear a yellow pair instead.

flounce and ruffles for petites
ZARA GINGHAM PANTS STREET STYLE
TO SUM IT UP
  • go for pieces with little details instead of full-on
  • pair with a simple top or pair with simple bottoms if you're going for a frilly top
  • wear shoes that match your skintone

flounce and ruffles for petites
RUFFLED GINGHAM PANTS OUTFIT
If you've other tips, please share them with me in the comments section below. What do you think of my new look? Should I just stick with basics like before? :)

OUTFIT DETAILS: zara op and pants, mango slides, from blank basket bag

Comments