REVIEW: THE REAL TEXAS ROADHOUSE

So it turns out that the one we've been going to is fake, this is the real deal and they've opened their first outlet in Uptown Mall, BGC.

Introducing the real Texas Roadhouse and my review.

texas roadhouse review


Texas Roadhouse is a great place to hang out in when your pms-ing (as I was during our visit) :P. It's spacious enough for it to feel private and cozy but with enough patrons so as not to consider it lonely. 

Its interiors are divided strategically so it doesn't feel overwhelmingly crowded despite a full house.

texas roadhouse review

I LOVE COMFORT FOOD AND THIS IS WHAT THIS WHOLE PLACE IS ABOUT - COMFORT AND GREAT-TASTING VALUE FOR MONEY DISHES.

Your visit begins with a refillable complimentary bucket of peanuts --- great for when having after-work drinks with friends and colleagues.

texas roadhouse review

Aside from peanuts, you also get FREE refillable baskets of one of the tastiest breads I have ever tried + whipped cinnamon butter. (make sure to take extra home, it's so good even after several days). They bake it every 5 minutes so you always get a fresh batch.

free bread at texas roadhouse

And just like any self-respecting franchise restaurant, they flew in not just kitchen but also wait staff direct from their main branch in the US to train their Pinoy counterparts.

NOW THE BEST PART - MY FAVORITE DISHES.

texas roadhouse review


Onion rings - obviously super delicious, we forgot to take a pic until it was almost gone. It's the dip I think, makes you want more! more! more!

texas roadhouse review

THE RIB, SHRIMP and CHICKEN PLATTER + ALL THE SIDES IN THE WORLD

The rib shrimp and chicken platter might seem a bit pricey on paper but once it's served, you realize that you actually get more than your money's worth.

texas roadhouse review

It comes with 2 skewers of prawns + rice pilaff...

texas roadhouse review

Half a generous-sized roast chicken...

texas roadhouse review

And half a slab of fall of the bones ribs.

My favorite of the 3 is the prawns which comes with a lemon butter sauce that is just mmm, mmm, mmm.

One platter costs about Php1500 and is enough to feed more than 4 average people or maybe 2 heavyweights/body builders. hehe

texas roadhouse review 
WHEN IT COMES TO SIDES, JUST REMEMEBER: POTATOES AND LOADED EVERYTHING. 

I'll let the pics speak for itself...

texas roadhouse review

Loaded fries, loaded mashed potatoes...

texas roadhouse review

Loaded baked potatoes...

texas roadhouse review

Throw me potato anything with cheese and I'm in love. Add sour cream, and I'm there through thick and thin.

What I wasn't expecting was baked sweet potatoes with marshmallows?! I didn't think much of this cause a friend of mine told me it was too sweet...NOPE. It was actually one of the highlights of my meal. IT IS YUMMY and not at all too sweet as long as you don't fork over too much marshmallow the sweet potato.

texas roadhouse review

If you find it too weird for your liking (seriously, live a little :P) try the cheesecake.

THE BEST CHEESECAKE I've tried this year and definitely belongs in my Top 5 of best cheesecakes in Manila.

Have a mouth-full with whipped cream to get transported straight into dessert heaven.

texas roadhouse review

For hot afternoons, their daiquiris and cocktails are a must-try. It looks sweet but really it isn't overly saccharine. It's muy refreshing and comes in virgin versions for kids and non-drinkers.

texas roadhouse review

Texas Roadhouse is part of the Bistro Group of Restaurants. Check them out at the new Uptown Mall, BGC. Thank me later. ;)

for more, check out @texasroadhouseph and #texasroadhouseph

Comments

Now, I'm hungry!!! Ha ha.. We frequent the Texas Roadhouse Grill in BGC, so I know the food is really good. Not sure if they are sisters. ;)
Sophie said…
Wow that looks great :Q Awesome pictures! :3
Maria Teresa Figuerres said…
Wait, so there's like "real" and "not real" Texas Roadhouse? In our previous visits, we were only given complimentary peanuts, no bread with cinnamon butter. So that's the fake Texas Roadhouse we went to?
Haven't been there yet but I want to thank you now for sharing your experience. Must really try this one! :)
TheMissusV said…
The baked sweet potatoes with marshmallows looks heavenly! Now I'm drooling! Love the interior too. :)
Ma.Me.Mi.Mommy said…
Wow! Comfort food at its finest! I love all the loaded stuffs! Quite surprised with the marshmallow on sweet potato but I do like adventure when it comes to food.
Berlin Domingo said…
It seems everything is included in your top best. A must try then!
Nilyn EC Matugas said…
Grabe, I'm drooling sa sarap ng food nila! I've never been here yet, I'd love to visit this place!
Nheng said…
THE RIB, SHRIMP and CHICKEN PLATTER!!! Yum Yum!!! Baked Potatoes with Marshmallow? Something unique that I think I'll try.
Cha Vuya said…
I've always been curious at what Texas Roadhouse offers. I see it in High Street and Uptown but I never really got the chance to get in and dine. So thanks for sharing these and taking photos! It looks enticing and gave me the conviction to really try it out sometime!
Mommy Pehpot said…
OMG OMG OMG on the sweet potato with mallows!! And ribs?!? tama ka, this is the best place when you're pms-ing haha
Michelle Adriano said…
Woooow!! As in wow talaga! I would love to try their potatoes and loaded everything! We have the same taste. I also fall in-love with anything potato and cheese plus the spur cream!! Oh my, I feel like I am starving again! I think I will ask husband to take me out on a date after the Mindful Mom Retreat on May 28. Since the venue of the retreat is just in BGC, might as well hop in to Uptown Mall for some delicious food! 😍😍😍