SCORE YOUR FIRST DESIGNER BAG FOR LESS THAN 10K


Most of us dream of investing in designer bags because...well, why not? 

It's a girl thing, right?

Also, I find the smell of good leather simply irresistible. For me, bags are more my best friend than diamonds.
If you've been dreaming about owning your first designer bag, here are some quick tips to get you started and stop you from being intimidated by big name brands.
I'm gonna teach you how to score a legit designer handbag for less than 10k. 

RETRO BASICS
cheap designer bags philippines
First, let me burst your bubble.


No, 10k won't get you a Givenchy Nightingale or a Celine Trio...but that doesn't mean you can't afford their OTHER styles...

Yup, those bags that came out before they got lucky and designed a bag that would turn into a celebrity "It Bag" overnight.

Example: Balenciaga City, Givenchy Nightingale, Celine Luggage

sarah tirona ootd
sm parisian brogues
These brands have been churning out bags since our grandma's time.

Same quality, same leather, different demand.

Because they aren't as popular, you can get them cheap...yes, less than 10k. Doesn't mean they're ugly either.

RETRO BASICS
vintage celine handbag
Some examples of what 10k can get you?

Preloved Bags by Chloe, Miu Miu, Prada, Gucci, Louis Vuitton and yes, even Celine...just like the one I'm carrying in these photos.

I wanted an everyday bag that goes with everything but I didn't want the typical LV canvas just cause they're everywhere so I got this instead.

It's a vintage Celine in pristine condition and I was able to purchase it for only 5k.

RETRO BASICS
denim mini skirt outfits
If you're into LV's you can also get one for less than 10k, trust me.

WHERE TO LOOK

Instagram! There's a lot of sellers who deal in 2nd hand designer bags from Japan. In case you aren't aware, it's much cheaper there so despite shipping and everything, it still comes out quite affordable. Just be careful and make sure the seller is legit.

RETRO BASICS
SM PARISIAN BROGUES OOTD
Hope you enjoyed these tips! If you have any more questions, feel free to comment below and I'll answer as quick as possible! 

F21 Shirt | Topshop Skirt | SM Parisian Skirt | Celine Bag | Nixon Watch

Comments

Lady Anne Louise ☺♥ said…
Very nice bag. However 5K is still a bit pricey for me but I would really love to have one. Maybe I should need to earn extra money? hihihihi.
MrsPCuyugan said…
I can never bring myself to buy designer bags, no matter how gorgeous I find them. I feel like I don't take good enough care of my bags, kasi, so sayang the investment. This is why I've never gone beyond Coach or Nine West. :)
Mommy QueenElizabeth said…
I love designer bags and i used to shop at greenbelt which is expensive talaga kase takot ako bumili online, but when i learned about one seller from a friend who sells preloved designer bags at instagram, na-addict ako bigla! there are a lot of preloved bags out there, make sure lang talaga legit ang seller. You got a great deal with your celine ha?! can u refer to me the shop? i'll check it out :) thanks!
Berlin Maynigo said…
As usual, love the clothes. Love the bag more. Instagram then her we come.
Jennifer Villanueva said…
Yayyyy! I want! Hehe. Can you please recommend a supplier to me? I'm kinda scared of fake sellers.
oo nga dami kong nakikitang 2nd hand na luxury bags but I didnt know na you can get one for 5k lang. Galing ah!
patty villegas said…
Spill the name of the IG shop!! :))

Patty
pattyvillegas.com
animetric said…
Wow your bag looks new though!
Ju Divina Cruz said…
<3
Designer bags are really good investment, with quality and long term value included. The only factor is to know how authentic it is. I would love to see a post from you that answers that :) And your bag looks very chic. Great job in scoring a signature item!

Iris @ Earth Love Skin
www.earthloveskin.com
Maan Laxa said…
Ganda your bag! I'm not above buying preloved bags too. I'd rather buy preloved designer bags than fakes!
Gracie Maulion said…
I don't have a designer bag yet, Thanks for sharing these helpful tips :)
Marie San Luis said…
Oooohhh 5K isn't bad for the LV. Thanks for the tip!
nadia de leon said…
Great find! I'm more interested on locally made and customized leather bags. There are also a number of online suppliers. Thanks for sharing your tips!
Janice Lim said…
Thanks for the helpful tips! :) I'm sure these will come in handy for those of us who are budget-conscious. :)
Luna said…
Which instagram accounts sell them?
Natasha Febriana said…
Hi. I've been wanting an authentic designer handbag but I just couldn't justify myself buying something with such price tag, so this actually sounds like the perfect way for me! Can you suggest some reliable sellers from Japan?? Would much appreciate your help. Thanks~