the best outlet shopping in bali (bali surf outlet, topshop and more)

LEGIT STUFF FOR THE PRICE OF FAKE STUFF.

That's what outlet shopping in Bali is like.

Ever since I decided to "collect memories instead of things", shopping has taken a backseat during my travels....except in Bali.

(Which is weird because I never saw Bali as a shopping destination before...well that's changed. :P)

Despite our packed schedule and achy feet I made it a point to visit these outlets at least twice during my 1 week stay...

bali outlet shopping
hurley outlet bali
If I had stayed right near Kuta or Seminyak, shopping at this frequency might have been impossible but since our hotel (Mercure Harvestland) was located on the same block as these shops, I was able to sneak in a few visits during what little down time I had. (YAY! :P)

My first couple of days, I didn't buy anything except Bintang :P and a few essentials because...

Converting Indonesian Rupiahs was so confusing for me. I found it difficult to grasp even with a currency converter app because locals tend to drop 0's. Like let's say if something costs 500,000 IDR, they just say 500. So in the beginning, I was afraid to spend because I felt like everything was super expensive! :P

And then on the 3rd day, I had a clearer concept of IDR conversion.

BOOM!

That's when I realized I could get a branded shirt from Quiksilver/ONeil/Hurley for the price of a bottle of Bintang. 

All hell broke loose.

bali outlet shopping
billabong outlet bali
Before I go on, here's a rough list of the brands with outlet shops on my block:

TOPSHOP, Desigual, MISS SELFRIDGE, Lacoste, New Look, Marks & Spencer, DOROTHY PERKINS, Volcom, NIXON, NIKE, OBEY, Hurley, Billabong, Sports Warehouse and soooo many others!
(a shocked looking emoticon would be perfect to insert here right now...)

And even more after I tell you that most brands were selling their stuff at 80% off!!!

bali outlet shopping
outlet shopping bali
You can get shoes, bags and shirts from Topshop for only P300-P600/$6-$12USD!

Jackets beaded, embroidered, sequined, leather what have you...P1000-P1500/$21-$30.

bali outlet shopping
topshop outlet in bali
I was able to get me a Topshop shirt and a beautiful genuine leather designer belt for less than P1,500.

To give you an idea of how dirt cheap everything is there, here's a photo of my haul from a shopping trip to Bali Surf Outlet:

  • 2 O'Neil Tops
  • 1 O'Neil Board Shorts
  • 1 O'Neil Surf Pants
  • 1 Roxy Hoodie
  • 1 Surfer Girl Goggles
Can you guess how much I paid for everything???

outlet shopping in bali
outlet shopping in bali
Only Php3,500/$75!!!

I know, I couldn't believe it myself, I had to convert more than 5 times to make sure and even consult with a local! But yes, that's all it cost me.

Here's a closer look at the stuff I got (sorry pants are currently in the wash)...

oneil outlet bali
outlet shops in bali
surfer girl outlet bali
oneil outlet bali
roxy outlet bali
roxy outlet bali
These Quiksilver flip-flops I purchased during a different shopping trip for only 90,000 IDR.

Can you guess how much that is in pesos?
P300/$6!

quiksilver outlet bali
quiksilver outlet bali
This is also where you can buy official Bintang Beer merchandise like this singlet:

bintang singlet
bintang singlet
SOME TIPS WHEN SHOPPING THE OUTLETS:

  • If you like something, grab it. Don't think twice, someone else will likely get it ahead of you and you'll just end up kicking yourself for passing up a great deal.
  • Presence of mind. Everything is super cheap so it's easy to go overboard and buy everything in sight. No, you don't need 5 pairs of Roxy flip flops even if they're selling for only P150 each!
  • Everything is priced differently. Meaning the same style could have a different price in a different size. So dig deep.
  • Patience. You might feel overwhelmed by the thousands of bikini tops on display for only P300-P500 each. Relax and take your time to go through the different racks. You will love yourself for how much you got to save in the end.
  • If it's your last day, spend all your rupiahs leaving just a bit for transportation and maybe a snack to the airport. 500,000IDR should be okay. 
Why? It's quite difficult to have Indonesian Rupiahs exchanged and if ever they do accept it, rates can be really, really low so it's best to buy your money's worth while you still can. You won't regret it.

You can check out Bali Surf Outlet and these other shops here:
Jl. By Pass Ngurah Rai, Kuta, Kabupaten Badung, Bali 80361, Indonesia

Comments

geek in white said…
I'm very surprised to know that the Billabong Factory Outlet there is the only one in Asia.
Madz said…
Thanks for the tips! Great finds by the way!
Berlin Maynigo said…
Havent been to Bali but this post will definitely be helpful to me and my friends come 3rd quarter of this year. Thanks.
May De Jesus-Palacpac said…
Those tiny shorts are super cute. Wish I had the bod to sport them, hehe.
Maria Louisa Mae P. Mercado said…
Wow, who knew Bali was a shopping haven!
animetric said…
I went outlet shopping in Johor and I found it expensive lol! Mas mura pala dyan.
Ellona said…
This makes me want to fly to Bali. :D Great finds!
Denice Joyce Diaz said…
Oh wow! Such a steal. Something I will keep in mind if ever we drop by Bali!
Maria Louisa Mae P. Mercado said…
Great bargains! Who knew Bali was a shopping haven?
I super love your haul. And now after reading this, I badly want to go to Indonesia!
sarah tirona said…
thanks mhaan! :) you should go, its so cheap pati hotels and food! :)
macdimayuga said…
Ooh, sarap mamili dyan ah!
tgf said…
Lovely finds! Those shops surely are a shopper's delight. I'll keep your tips in mind if and when we happen to travel to Bali. Thanks! -- Maria Teresa Figuerres
Maan Laxa said…
Wow so affordable! Outlet shopping is the best (at least for me haha). Wanna visit Bali now!
reigningstill said…
Oh my!! But I remember my old teacher loves Bali simply because of that. Shopping!! Saya saya naman.
sarah tirona said…
i never saw bali kse as a shopping destination before so i was super pleasantly surprised :)
Geetika said…
Address /Location for the factory outlet please.. I'm travelling to Bali tomorrow and this seems like a must visit..