memo fashion: in these pants...

In these pants, I attended the Ayala Malls Christmas event held in Fairmont Hotel last week.

You know how like when your schedule is so crazy and erratic, the last thing you want to have to worry about as well is your outfit?

Yup, that's what it's been like for me lately jetting in and out of Manila, practically living out of a suitcase while at the same time trying to keep up with my deadlines, family and new business ventures.

There's never enough time in a day already so I don't really have the extra minutes to sit down and plan my outfits carefully.

memofashion womens slim pants
memo fashion slim pants

Dressing up these past few weeks has pretty much been a "throw it together" process.

And that's when owning key pieces like this in your wardrobe really matter.

I'm talking about slim black pants. The basic of basics.

memofashion inthesepants
memo fashion in these pants
The biggest problem I face when shopping for basics is how difficult they are to come by. How ironic right? But it's true. It's tough finding a good fitting, "basic" black pant cut the right way with the right fabric so it doesn't look too office-y or butch.

HOW TO SPOT A GOOD PAIR OF TROUSERS:

  1. No pleats in front, those make your tummy bulge.
  2. Slit pockets in the back (to flatter your bum) and front (for a nice place to slide your hands in when posing for photos or just standing around).
  3. Fabric that doesn't wrinkle too easily so it's great for traveling as well.
  4. Fabric that isn't too shiny.
  5. Versatile. Easy to dress down for the day or up for semi-formal dinners/meetings/cocktails.
memo fashion
in these pants
That's a long and demanding list of requirements right? But I like to see my money put to good use. Which is also probably why it was so hard for me to find the perfect pair! I did of course, once, but I had to pay quite a premium for it.

Well thank god and the heavens, now we don't have to sell our kidneys anymore for a nice pair of pants! MEMO FASHION has decided to fill in that niche!

Now both men and women can just pop into any Memo store and pick up a nice fitting pair of trousers or denims in a wide range of colors anytime.

{enter sigh of relief here}

And in case you were wondering, a pair of pants only costs about P1,000. Pwede na, right?

memo fashion in these pants
white brogues street style
Black pants are a travel staple for me because I wear them with anything and everything: high-heeled sandals, pumps, sneakers, brogues, birkenstocks, tank tops, button downs, blazers, etc. They're great cause you always end up looking put together without trying too hard.

You can check out more of Memo's new collection by visiting their official Facebook and Instagram pages:

Comments

Mommy QueenElizabeth said…
I love Memo! I used to frequent their store here in the South at Alabang Town Center, i love their blouses! I think i need that black pants... and the belt!!! i wish i'm slim like you Lol! :-)
Celin Hiwatig Mendoza said…
I love trousers! Perfect as office wear. Will definitely check Memo. Pasok ba sa budget! ;)
arra carrasco-odeza said…
black pants can be paired in almost any color of blouse or shirts. love the one you're wearing looks comfy
Aci Girl said…
Thanks for the tip Ms. Sarah. Will go for slit pockets na next time.
Nilyn EC Matugas said…
Oh, that looks really great on you! Your outfits are always nice.
nhessie a. said…
i super love the gorgeous outfit! i have the same pants, it makes me look less chubby...haha
Melisa Centino Sanchez said…
The color of your blouse super crush ko, You look so good and beautiful on your outfit :) Keep it up ;)
mama speaks said…
Great tips on finding that perfect trousers. Will remember to take note.
Naks model na model na model ah

Xoxo
MrsMartinez
Kat Jorge-Rodriguez said…
I'm more of a demim person but I also love wearing black pants with comfy fabric.
yup, slit pockets or yung double pocket sa likod for that extra push ;)
Pearliza and Jaear Paguio said…
I guess outfits will always be us women problems :)
May De Jesus-Palacpac said…
Aha! No pleats in front pala ang sikreto. Sige, I shall see if I can keep my tummy hidden aheehee. Thanks for the tips. Very helpful. I agree with the wrinkle-free part, so hard to keep your clothes straight when you're traveling.
Maan Laxa said…
Ganda ng fit sayo. I might check this out; wala nang pants kasya sa akin! Huhu
sarah tirona said…
thanks maan! ok sila dami sizes :)
sarah tirona said…
hahaha yup! youre welcome :)
sarah tirona said…
hahaha yes thats why we need reliabe basics :P
sarah tirona said…
pusshhhhh lang atey! lol
sarah tirona said…
wala kse ako sa area na yun haha
Marie San Luis said…
I had lost my interest in black pants since I have difficulty styling them, but this OOTD totally rocks it!
Ayi Dela Cruz said…
I remember shopping in Memo when I was still in the corporate world. I love their dresses too since it could go from day to night :)
Now I realized I have to keep a black pants in my closet. Ang ganda! Thanks for sharing!
animetric said…
Everything you throw together always look good!
Janice Lim said…
Two weeks ago I was actually looking for basic black pants. Took me ages to find one that fits just right.