#My1stCHANEL and why

Why do we spend ubiquitous amounts on luxury goods?

No matter how hard I try, I really can't justify it. 

When it comes to bags, I realized that no, they aren't heirloom material unless you store them under pristine conditions. Any old leather bag that costs 90% less will probably last the exact same amount of time.

So why?

I guess it all boils down to how it feels in our hands and how seeing it makes our hearts beat a little faster...

When we buy it ourselves, it's a pat on the back, a reminder and reward for all our hard work.

The proud logos and fine craftsmanship...the keen attention to detail put into these things are what constantly draws me to them and at the top of my list will always be Chanel.

No other brand is more timeless (and expensive haha) in my opinion.

But my golly, the Le Boy is like a year's tuition fee for my daughter and at this point in time, I'm not ready to spend that much yet (but soon, god-willing... :)!

So...I've switched my attention towards cosmetics instead...

CHANEL PHILIPPINES
chanel makeup review

The Chanel counter in Rustans is where I can play pretend heiress and not worry about the consequences of my credit card bill so much at the end of the month.

And guess what? 

Whipping out my lipstick feels just as nice as lugging around a designer bag.

Although in reality, it doesn't cost much more than a MAC, Chanel lipsticks give me a sense of sophistication and satisfaction that most other brands can't. It just feels more elegant in my hands.


MY FIRST CHANEL
chanel rouge coco mademoiselle review
Picture this: you're doing a quick retouch in the bathroom of a 5 star hotel during a formal gala and you have a tiny clutch with you that's only big enough to hold your phone, a couple of credit cards (maybe powder) and lipstick...

You lay it on the counter, produce your lipstick and begin re-applying it on your lips. In the midst of the process, your boss or boss's wife comes in...

Which brand would you rather get caught with?

CHANEL ROUGE COCO REVIEW
chanel rouge coco review
And it's not just about the prestige.

The quality is also quite commendable: Highly pigmented with shades that never go out of style.

Formulation is creamy which makes them glide on effortlessly and they're also ultra-moisturizing which eliminates the need for gloss.

Finish is refined, never too matte nor too glossy. 
Always just right...that it feels...yes, timeless and polished like a true Parisian woman.

CHANEL ROUGE COCO SWATCH
chanel rouge coco swatch
Did I mention they smell gorgeous too? Like a fine perfume but nothing too overpowering.

And that's probably why #my1stChanel quickly snowballed into my 2nd, and 3rd, and 4th...well you get the picture. Hahaha (Women!)

The next time you find yourself in front of a Chanel counter, don't let it intimidate you, we all deserve to experience some form of luxury every once in a while! :)

Comments

animetric said…
I'm too lazy to retouch so if I buy this probably no one will ever see it lol XD
thekitchen goddess said…
I'm dreaming of a Chanel bag too ... I hope Santa reads this so that he can still save till Christmas :D
Havent had the chance to own Chanel products, sana soon! :) thank you for sharing, i love the shade!
islesgilian said…
"The next time you find yourself in front of a Chanel counter, don't let it intimidate you, we all deserve to experience some form of luxury every once in a while! :)" - I find myself saying this when buying something expensive sometimes. =)
May De Jesus-Palacpac said…
I love the shade of the lipstick! I don't spend on luxury products, I'm just glad that friends would give me every now and then, haha, otherwise, I wouldn't have experienced them.
Maan Laxa said…
I also love the feel of authentic leather bags. It's just not the same! I don't own Chanel lipsticks but my mother does and I love how they smell. Also loving the shade of yours!
babyjetsetgo said…
"The Chanel counter in Rustans is where I can play pretend heiress and not worry about the consequences of my credit card bill so much at the end of the month." --> OMG, that's so me! Hahaha. I don't spend much on luxury items these days, but when I do, I go crazy with shopping. And yes, Chanel is definitely a brand worth spending on.
sarah tirona said…
hahahaha nice to know you can relate :P
sarah tirona said…
thanks, one of my fave evryday shades :)
sarah tirona said…
youre so lucky to have such generous friends!!! :)
sarah tirona said…
hahaha, yes we deserve it! lol its the lofty credit bills that we dont deserve
sarah tirona said…
i hope my santa is as generous as yours. lol
sarah tirona said…
haahaha pero ganda formulation :)
jared's mum said…
i have yet to venture into the Chanel counter + I do not think I can afford anything they have on display. haha! but this lippie ought to be a good start. love its shade!
Sash Fab said…
How much ung Chanel Lippies? Is it long lasting? Please reply :)
sarah tirona said…
around 1500-2000, depends on the type :)