the venus retrograde and such....


I am puzzled as to how I managed to live 30 something years of my life without ever hearing of the term "retrograde" up until it became "a thing" some years ago.

Am I the only one who feels the same way?

It's probably been around since the beginning of time but majority of people (including me) have only began paying notice recently.

For the first couple of years, the buzz pretty much centered around the planet Mercury but recently I've been reading more and more about Venus.

MARSHALL MAJOR 2

Do you even remember what life was like until our Facebook timeline decided to religiously inform us about the onset of these retrogrades?

I would love to dismiss it as crazy astrological mumbo jumbo but to tell you the truth, most times, these retrograde forecasts are quite accurate. Which sucks cause they seem to happen one after the other and out of all, this ongoing Venus retrograde (which is supposed to last until September 6) has affected me the most.

So all this got me curious which led me to research the different retrograde schedules since the 1980s...

This would have been a lot easier if I still had access to all my old journals but roughly judging by the dates on record, it seems that yes, most monumental moments that occurred during my coming of age years have been greatly affected by these retrogrades.

So now I don't know which is better: to be  able to check and prepare myself for "bad times" or to have things sneak up on me and not understand why.

I'm sure I'm not the only person affected by it so how does it work? Does the entire world suffer together unknowingly all at the same time? That's a depressing thought. Imagine an entire world filled with lonely people for a month or so and have no control over it.

Is it just me or are these stars and houses playing around with our feelings?

I find that somehow unfair....

GIORDANO BANK ON BASICS

So how to deal with these horrible times when you're not in the mood to do anything at all, much less dress up and act all fancy?

Drown yourself in good music and slip-on a no nonsense maxi dress.

The easiest "cope outfit and method" in my book.

BLACK MAXI DRESS STEET STYLE1

I take my music seriously and only want the best for my ears to make the most out of good tunes and I tell ya, price-wise, nothing beats these Marshall Major 2 headphones. Sound is ultra-balanced and it handles bass tones extremely well. They've been stuck to my ears ever since I got them a couple months ago.

BLACK MAXI DRESS STREET STYLE

So any thoughts on these crazy retrogrades and music? Let me know your thoughts below, would love to discuss...

giordano bank on basics maxi dress | zara plaid shirt | birkenstocks | marshall major 2 headphones

photos by D

PS. have you joined my giveaways from Shakey's and PROMOD???

Comments

May De Jesus-Palacpac said…
I just read about how the Universe is slowly dying and when I brought it up with my husband who's somewhat knowledgeable about these things, he said that it will take billions of years. I guess by now you're not the only one anxious about the deterioration of life cause that has gotten to me too. I haven't read about retrogrades though, I'll look that up.
sarah tirona said…
deterioration of life...that's a good way of putting it.
Jem Alvarado said…
Doing healthy activities that are good to our self and environment might mean a retrogade I guessed.
Kareen Liez said…
Thoughtful post. I do love your look here and the idea of reading a book and relaxing...even listening to music wearing a maxi is also a cool thing to do.
wonderwall said…
Great post

Lou of, Steal the Style
Rose Angelie said…
Huge savings! That's a lot of great deals, perfect for those planning to shop.
Tina Elaine Ruste-Madrazo said…
Music is therapy
Donna said…
I like the matching shoes. Good thing it's at 50% off.
tgf said…
To be honest, I know nothing about astrology, and this retrograde thing is also new to me, but your outfit sure rocks! -- Maria Teresa Figuerres
Maan Laxa said…
I've only begun hearing about "retrograde" a few years ago. I don't know if it's true, but I had an experience the other year when my printer, my mouse, and my new blender simultaneously broke (they really needed to be replaced). It all took place during a mercury retrograde.
Arge Roque-Valencia said…
I love your easy and laidback outfit :) I don't really care about the retrogade hahaha
Ayi Dela Cruz said…
I know nothing about retrograde too! I guess I wasn't paying too much attention in school. LOL. I love your laidback outfit :)
Nilyn EC Matugas said…
I've been meaning to visit a Robinson store pero di ko pa talaga nagagawa. I hope I can soon.
Rhoda Fajardo said…
Bikini's at 60% off? Cool! I match bikinis with some of my casual clothes. I also like the animal printed sandals for myself, and the camouflage shoes for my eldest daughter, at 50% off. =)
vanessa east said…
ive just read about this venus retrogade and im coping by not being with people all the time haha i am avoiding drama as much as i can until the 6th. (miss you, sarah!)


banisa


www.vanessaeast.blogspot.com