OOTD: HOW TO TRANSITION YOUR FALL WARDROBE FOR SUMMER

Most of us can't afford to shop for a new wardrobe each season and sometimes, finding a sweet spot in between transitional periods can be tricky especially when your closet consists mostly of blacks, whites and grays like mine.

The arrival of summer had me baffled at first but I think I've finally found a way to incorporate my "mostly fall wardrobe" into looks that are summer appropriate.

Read more for tips! ☺

SUMMER 2015 STREET STYLE
parfois suede bucket bag
First things first, organize your closet. Hide away those sweaters and anything made of heavy fabric. Next, analyze your pieces.

TRY TO LOOK FOR THESE KEY PIECES:- a summery bag
- leather sandals
- a boho-ish statement necklace

LACE UP GLADIATOR SANDALS STREET STYLE
lace up gladiator sandals street style
If you realize that you don't have those in your inventory, go shopping but make sure you do it wisely. Research first and make sure to check out sales before committing to full price items. Also browse different boutiques for better deals.

Case in point: These lace-up gladiator sandals. I initially wanted a pair from Zara's SS15 lookbook that cost close to P6000. Thankfully, they haven't arrived in local stores yet so I was forced to search elsewhere. I found this almost identical pair in Mango for only P1450.

ZEBRA SHIRTDRESS STREET STYLE
joyce makitalo necklace
Once you have those 3 key pieces ready, everything else is just a game of mixing and matching. Oversized shirts, white polos and shift dresses work great. If you're not a fan of the "I forgot my pants at home" look, try pairing them with cotton leggings instead. Add in your 3 key pieces and you're good to go.

JOYCE MAKITALO NECKLACE
summer street style 2015
One thing to remember is to avoid anything too severe. Black can look great at the beach and during the warmest months but make sure to keep things minimal with the least amount of cloth possible. :P Don't do a head to toe look unless your seam lands way above your knees.

If you prefer to do a black pant, make sure it's of the wide-leg variety. Better to pair with a sleeveless top and break it up with a printed kimono.

The key is to look fresh and effortless!

Hope you liked these tips ☺

ps. don't forget to join my ongoing giveaway! just click on the giveaway tab on my right rail

romwe shirt | mango lace-up gladiator sandals | joyce makitalo necklace | parfois bag | sm accessories sunglasses

photos by paultheprguy.blogspot.com

Comments

Kat Jorge-Rodriguez said…
I love the sandals. As always, you look good!
Jocris Mangubat said…
Nice outfit.. really like it ^^ I wish I can also be a stylish as you, too bad I have a very bad fashion style.
Jaclyn Chua-Park said…
I love the gladiator sandals! If only I had nice legs to go with it. I agree with Kat Jorge-Rodriguez, you're rocking that outfit!
Nilyn EC Matugas said…
I like your sandals! And your outfit is summer-perfect! This is another, "gosh, I left my pants at home" post. hehe.
isa machado said…
You look very pretty dear! :)

Isa M., Tic Tac Living
Maan Laxa said…
Haha my favorite is the I-forgot-my-pants look, too! By the way, your sandals are so becoming on you.
Vance Madrid said…
I love those gladiator sandals. You look really fab in those clothes, Sarah!
Phincy Yambao-de Leon said…
I love the ensemble!
Amethystine said…
The sandals! Will also check my wardrobe for oversized shirts. The 'i forgot my pants at home' look is always a winner during summer. Thanks!
sarah tirona said…
thanks so much vance :)
sarah tirona said…
thanks soooo much jaclyn :)
sarah tirona said…
maybe you just need to experiment more to discover your true personal style :)