OOTD: CLOTHES THAT NEVER GO OUT OF STYLE

Back to basics.

Like I said in this post, I have been feeling the need to tap back into my boho roots this summer and I am making a conscious effort to try and not be as easily sucked into new trends again (try lang ok? :))

The thing I love most about Boho Chic is its timelessness.

Some of the pieces I'm wearing here are over 5 years old and yet each time I step out in them, I am always complimented and asked about where I got them.

PARFOIS SPRING SUMMER 2015 SUEDE BAG
SPRING SUMMER 2015 SUEDE BUCKET BAG
Like these wide legged denims that I got ages ago at Dorothy Perkins.

But it's not just my pants, I'm pretty sure that each piece I have on will still look good 10 years from now.

70S STREET STYLE 2015
70S INSPIRED FASHION 2015
And that is why I don't mind spending a little bit more on 70s Gypsy inspired pieces. They are really worth the investment.

SARAH TIRONA BOHO
PARFOIS SPRING SUMMER 2015
For the beginners or those who need a boho shopping list, here are some essentials.

Some of these are pretty difficult to come by so once you spot them, grab 'em, don't think twice, just put it on zero interest ;P

  • peasant blouse
  • suede fringe jacket
  • bucket bag any bag with fringe made of leather or suede, stamped leather is also good
  • flat sandals
  • low boots
  • arm candy/bangles
  • rings, especially those with turquoise and other semi-precious stones (for healing qualities)
  • army jacket
  • denim shorts
You can also add some lived in concert shirts in the mix. Plus points for bands born between 1965-1975.

BOHO ESSENTIALS 2015


So just like a good designer bag that can last you many, many years, so will these. ☺

What I'm Wearing:
sfera peasant blouse | dorothy perkins jeans | topshop platforms | parfois scarf, bracelet and bag

photos by: alyssalapid.com

Comments

Jenny1015 said…
I love your style, girl!
Mommy Levy said…
I like the pants, if only I'm tall just like you I think it will look good on me too :)
Kat Jorge-Rodriguez said…
Love the whole ensemble. I can see myself rocking those, lol.
Ruth Alfonso Alarcon said…
I looove your pants! They don't look old at all. Iba tlaga ang denims. Bagay sayo! Hihi! ^_^
sarah tirona said…
im not tall! im only 5'1" but SUPER thank you! hahaha
sarah tirona said…
thanks so much jenny!!! :)
Maan Laxa said…
I agree, those are timeless pieces indeed! Actually, when I read about boho fashion, my mom's clothes from the 70s come to mind. I should look for them! :D
Anna Plaida said…
I like your bag again :-) sa bag talaga lagi nakatingin
sarah tirona said…
hahahaha, bags talaga, every woman's weakness :)
sarah tirona said…
you should! thats a real treasure trove right there, wish my mom kept her clothes too :(
sarah tirona said…
hahahaha, thank you sooo much ruth! :)
SJ Valdez said…
I like everything! :)