instax diy day year 2

It was time to get crafty for #TeamInstaxPH's DIY Day Year 2!

Held at Shutter Master Pro Cafe/Photography Accessories shop in Quezon City, it was one very creative hipster-ish day.

team instax ph
instax diy
Shutter Master is a cool third wave cafe that also deals in cameras, parts and accessories. It was the perfect setting for our DIY day.

Hosting the event was RJ Roque. The man behind "In An Instax" and those trippy instax collage photos. (it's worth a look, trust me ☺).

INSTAX DIY YEAR 2
rj roque instax
Also there to share some of their unique Instax DIY tips was Reese Lansangan who created a mini album/keychain of her favorite snaps that she can take around everywhere and show off-to friends.

Just punch some holes in your photos, hook with a generic ring found in most bookstores and protect with an acetate sheet!

INSTAX DIY 2015
reese lansangan instax
Camie Juan also showed us how to personalize a calendar with color coded photos (sucks I don't have a clear photo).

And of course, Instax Ambassador, Verniece Enciso who loves taking photos of her clothes, shoes and accessories. She does this so she can plan her outfits easily by mixing and matching instaxed photos of various items in her closet instead of going through the tedious process of trying everything on. I think this especially makes sense now that it's summer and it's really too hot to try on different outfits.

verniece enciso instax
verniece enciso instax
After the talks, there was a quick contest where we were asked to find photos of different words hidden around the cafe that we would use to complete dialogues from popular movies.

instax diy year 2 1
instax diy day year 2
I had my daughter with me that day, so I let her do the searching instead. It was like Easter, but cooler and she totally enjoyed it. (I think she found the most photos ☺)

TEAM INSTAX
team instax ph
So what do you do with your Instax photos? I love taking vacation photos with my Mini 8 because I feel like the photographs that come out are more special than digital copies.

I once filled out Christmas Tree with these photos instead of traditional ornaments and it was a hit with all of our guests.

Here are some other cool DIY ideas:

ph01
instax clock
54b5120b013ed56cbac5bd954c2f4fb0
world map display of travel photos
7f49202020dc099c4920ed0c7f446db5
giant frame
08c869a809c39a09f1c9f8013dbf9449
my favorite of all, as a wedding cake topper!
What do you think? Would you try any of these projects?

For more on Instax, LIKE FujiFilm Instax Philippines on Facebook and follow @TeamInstaxPH on Instagram and Twitter!

Show off your Instax Photos by using the hashtag #InstaxMemory

Comments

Rona Cuera-O said…
I don't have an instax yet but i want to. My RJ loves to take pictures but through my ipod though. :) I'll get one din soon hehe.. thanks for sharing
Vicky Thompson said…
Too cute! I would so try those. My favorites are the clock and the wedding cake topper. Looks like it was a fun event. Love the photo of your daughter smiling :) If you have a photo of your Christmas tree with the instax ornaments, I’d love to see that :)
Jaclyn Chua-Park said…
I've been wanting an instax for the longest time! These DIY projects are so cool. I love the DIY clock. I can imagine decorating the side of my daughters' cabinet with pictures of them growing up. Thanks for sharing! :)
TweenselMom said…
I love the clock idea! I've always been tempted to buy an instax camera for my kids pero grabe, with how they love shooting photos, mauubos ang budget ko kakabili ng refill :-) it's time they make affordable instax sheets, i bet papatok to lalo na sa mga mommies who do DIY!
Roxi Santiago said…
I used to have a polaroid camera when I was a teenager! As in yung slim version niya and that you can stick it anywhere. I remember super mahal ng film/refill niya noon! As in, 500 for a box of 10 or 20 ata. Glad everyone can enjoy Instax now!
Jenny1015 said…
A very handy, friendly tool for all bloggers!
Maan Laxa said…
Oh cool, I haven't used my Instax for almost 2 years! I need to learn these DIYs na
Phincy Yambao-de Leon said…
I love the wedding cake topper idea...so cute!
Mommy Levy said…
I have an instax camera before but I sold it because I don't get good photos with it. Now, nanghihinayang tuloy ako. I like the clock idea :)
Kat Jorge-Rodriguez said…
My instax is just collecting dust, haha. It's time to buy refills and start taking photos for cool diy projects.
Ayi Dela Cruz said…
My sister is addicted to it. I don't use it with my kids as well (there 3 and 2) since sayang sa film. Lol! Love the wedding cake topper. Great idea :)
jared's mum said…
those are really clever ways to give new life to Instax photos. now I want an Instax + would love to fill my walls with those lovely photo hangers! :)
luckyfinds said…
These DIYs are a hit! Instax camera surely is a great tool.
Janice Lim said…
Oooh I love the giant frame idea. That would look great in our living room.
Ma.Me.Mi.Mommy said…
I like the clock and the huge frame. I don't have an instax though haha.