A TWIST ON FORMAL

Semi-formal evening wear doesn't always need to consist of heavily embellished chiffon pieces or tight body con dresses.

Cocktail dresses and high heels tend to suffocate me so when the need arises, I try to be more creative and find alternative ways to adhere to the dress code.

This is one example.

ZARA CHAIN BOOTS STREET STYLE
ZARA CHAIN BOOTS


It may not be for everybody but for me, this is the most comfortable way I can think of marrying semi-formal wear and street style.

Instead of opting for an LBD, I matched a semi-cropped top with a midi skirt to create an interesting silhouette.

I also like the unexpected touch of heavily chained boots instead of the usual pumps.

CHIAN BOOTS STREET STYLE
CHAIN BOOTS STREET STYLE
This is what I wore to the Paco Rabanne Eau De Gold "fragrance tasting" and the intimate Savoy Watch event that I have yet to blog about but I'm wearing one of my favorite watches from their new collection in the photo below, a rose gold face with an interchangeable rubber strap and accents.

SAVOY WATCHES
SAVOY ROSE GOLD WATCH
CHANEL CHAIN BOOTS STREET STYLE
CHANEL INSPIRED CHAIN BOOTS
It's also one of the looks they included in my Woman At Work feature found in the pages of last week's Style Weekend magazine.  (thank you, thank you Manila Bulletin for the lovely write-up ☺ )

sarah tirona style weekend
sarah tirona manila bulletin style weekend
ZARA CHAIN BOOTS
CHAIN BOOTS STREET STYLE
So there you go, hope you liked this ootd ☺.

Keeping it pretty short for now since I've been feeling a bit under the weather since we got back from Baguio yesterday. We visited Baguio Craft Brewery and it was extremely cold that night. I think that's what got to me plus the sudden change of weather in Manila's heat.

Lastly, in case you haven't joined yet, giving away tickets to Close Up Forever Summer and National Bookstore GC's + Progress Pre-School GOLD Milk! ☺

suiteblanco crop top | sm woman midi skirt | zara boots | savoy watch

photos by Dennis Sy and Ana Gonzales

Comments

Maylyn Panaligan said…
Hi, yeah I really love your ootd here, that's so bongga! It's looks so comfortable and so classy. Thank you for another fashion inspiration.
macdimayuga said…
I love your shoes! And you did a very tasteful, classy take on the "formal" outfit overall. And I love your other looks in the magazine :)
Rose Angelie said…
I love how black never goes wrong with most style. I like to try this look but I don't think it'll work for me though. Hehe BTW wow, congrats on the feature! :)
Maria Louisa Mae P. Mercado said…
I've tried this before and found the taste to be alright. No sting or alcohol. :)
sephcham said…
Nice shoes! Kung may panlalake lang na ganyan. :D
Ayi Dela Cruz said…
I like dressing up for events. It gives me a chance to wear dresses and bring out my pumps and heels stuck in the rack for the longest time. Hehe. I can't pull off your look but it definitely looks good on you :) Love your bag too :)
Ayi Dela Cruz said…
She's so pretty :) I use Oracare too. Not really fan of the taste though. Hehe
Mommy Mecheel said…
I love how you put chains with those shoes. You look gorgeous as ever! And clap! Clap! Clap! For the MB feature. Good Job Sis Sarah!
Balot said…
Wow! Congratulations on the Manila Bulletin feature :D You deserve it girl :D
Ruth Alfonso Alarcon said…
Kathryn is pretty pala talaga.. I tried Oracare once.. Am not a fan also of the taste. :(
Janice Lim said…
I hate mouthwash that stings so Oracare is my choice too.
MacyMichelle said…
Punk glam! Nice styling.-Macy
tgf said…
I love your OOTD! Congratulations on the Manila Bulletin feature! -- Maria Teresa Figuerres
reigningstill said…
I love Kathryn!!! Hehehe! #KathNielFan Anyway, we also us OraCare its no sting. Others are super sakit sa bibig eh.
I really love how you dress up, Sarah!
jared's mum said…
a lovely ensemble. love the black chic look! congrats on your Manila Bulletin feature!
Maan Laxa said…
I also like OraCare as I don't really enjoy the feeling of being stung in the mouth haha!
the dreamer mom said…
Tried Oracara before and I love it!
Helga Gabrielle Weber said…
Ang ganda, bet ko ang look nato hahahahaha I wanna recreate but sana it hides my big tummy.


Helga | blog.ditz-revolution.net
badudets said…
I used Oracare before. love the non-stingy effect.
Mommy Levy said…
I like Kathryn, she's so cute. I love using Oracare too.
Ville D. said…
This is so classy Ms. Sarah! Such a great ensemble!