the possibilities of a summer dress

I am not known for my love of color nor dresses. As you may have well noticed, most of my outfit posts consist of separates and monochromes.

However, now that summer is coming, I am feeling the need to inject a little bit more brights into my wardrobe.

Right now, I feel like I am in some sort of transitional period...(missing my coats and layers) so instead of wearing this vintage-looking piece from Paradise Treats as a dress, I've decided to explore its possibilities as a cover up.


I find it difficult to travel in a dress (especially with a kid in tow...that's like begging for a wardrobe malfunction) so during our recent beach trip, I decided to pair it with shorts and a cami instead. Turns out, it was the perfect solution to shield myself from the aircon of the car and the cool breeze of Tagaytay.

I also used it on top of my bikini at the beach!

That certainly makes for light packing.

Now that I'm back in the city, I would also like to try wearing it as a plain dress/with a light jacket and as a tunic with a pair of wide-legged pants to truly channel the boho 70s.

I think it's pretty awesome that you can get something so versatile for only P350.
 

Another thing I'm interested in exploring this season are more feminine footwear options. Specifically ballet flats. I have always been more of a sneaker girl but I have to admit, the shape of a ballet flat is definitely more flattering and elongating for the legs. I know this is a bit weird as probably 99% of the female population wear it on a regular basis but it is something new to me and frankly, I don't know where to start...What color/material? Should I get plain or printed? I was browsing Zalora last night for some prospects but they have so many pretty designs that I'm having a hard time narrowing down my choices. (See what I'm talking about in this LINK.) 

Right now, I have about 5 pairs in my cart! HELP! Hahaha


On a different note: I'm really liking the volume of my hair lately. What do you think? Mind you, I didn't blow-dry or apply any sort of heat styling. ☺


zara cami | suiteblanco shorts | toms shoes | paradise treats dress (see here)

photos by Dennis Sy

Comments

Becca Posadas said…
I live in ballet flats. Try Suelas! Very light and flexible. Cute too.
Wow that's genius and you look great!
sarah tirona said…
thank you renz! glad you like it, i have another variation coming up :)
sarah tirona said…
thanks for the reco, ill check it out :)
Joy said…
love the color combination! you are my new style inspiration! :D
reigningstill said…
I love the idea. Oo nga ang gandaaa.. :)
emiliana said…
The layering made the outfit trendy! Love it!
the dreamer mom said…
I like how you play with your attire :)
sarah tirona said…
thank you :) i get bored kse sometimes and i like to teach my readers how to get the most out of their purchase :)
sarah tirona said…
thank you soooo much! :)
sarah tirona said…
thank you, thank you, thank youuuuuu!!!! :)
TweenselMom said…
I love the top and wow, nice legs!
life is really unfair. haha! Bakit parang teenager ka sis! haha! nakakalokaaaaa.
How cute! Great pieces to put together! Thanks for sharing!
sarah tirona said…
hahahahahahha! LOVE reading comments like this. MADE MY MONTH! :P
sarah tirona said…
hahahaha, thank you :P
Kareen Liez said…
Lovely! I like how you use it in this way. I'd try this look! *wink
Ayi Dela Cruz said…
I'm always scared to use cover ups that are longer than my shorts or skirt. Looks good naman pala :)