ootd: shirtdresses - a new uniform?

What do you think of my new "uniform"? ☺ 

There's just something about summer that puts me in the mood for more color and ethnic weaves. I don't find the need to wear black every single day anymore (haha!)

So anyway, when it comes to weaves and other handmade stuff, I still think that the best place to buy it is here.

DENIM SHIRTDRESS STREET STYLE
levis denim shirtdress street style
Yup, in the Philippines! We are home to some of the most beautiful tribal patterns in the world and cheaper too! 

I got this bag for only P200 in MinesView, Baguio. They sell similar ones in Topshop, Roxy, etc for about P2,000 up! Can you imagine? And mine is even more authentic cause it was crafted and sold by the Igorots themselves. #Proud

I hope that by featuring these locally made pieces in my ootd's, I can help to promote our local products worldwide in my own little way.

But I can't take total credit for it. Just like in my previous post, this too is inspired by Sarah Meier's Postura Project from a couple years back. It's main mission was to inspire people to wear at least one locally made piece everyday.

DENIM SHIRTDRESS STREET STYLE1
shirtdress street style 2015
About my new "uniform"...

I know I reported the shirtdress as one of this year's hottest fashion trends but me turning it into a daily staple was more accident than premeditated.

The trend thing slipped my mind.

I just saw this shirtdress on sale while shopping at Levi's and I thought it looked cute so I bought it, since then I've just been finding a lot of shirtdresses similar to this at most end of season sales I've visited.

Which is good since I've fallen in love with the silhouette and hate buying things at full price. 
At the end of the day, I am still a mom who needs to adhere to certain budgets!

SARAH TIRONA BLOG
native apollo moc sneaker street style
DENIM SHIRTDRESS STREET STYLE1
hipster outfit street style
IGOROT WEAVE BAG
native igorot bag philippines
LEVIS DENIM SHIRTDRESS
denim shirtdress street style
MANILA FASHION BLOGGER
native apollo moc price
levi's denim shirtdress | native apollo moc sneakers | igorot woven bag from minesview | rayban clubmaster | nixon watch

photos by anagonzales.com

Comments

JHANZEY said…
I love your shirt dress! I think I might also be getting addicted to those. I almost always find myself looking for shirt dresses everywhere, it's unhealthy.


www.jhanzey.net
Jacq Paraguya said…
I agree with buying locally made goods! I used to collect accessories from various provinces I visited. I worked for a UP professor before and she always bought clothes and bags from Narda's. She often goes abroad for conventions and somehow she always stood out because she looked unique. And even foreigners ask her who her designer is. Fun! :)
Jacq Paraguya said…
The first thing I noticed - awesome hairstyle! <3
emiliana said…
I seldom do my eyebrows because I find it hard to make them even. I sure could use a template.
sarah tirona said…
thanks baeeee! nice seeing you kanina :)
sarah tirona said…
trueee! and its so nice to say that you just got it from the market for so and so :) makes you look cultured and well travelled. hahaha
sarah tirona said…
hahahaha thank you! :P
sarah tirona said…
totally can relate! hahahaha
sarah tirona said…
yay, so happy you found it useful :) <3
sarah tirona said…
awww thanks sooo much! hope you try it :)
sarah tirona said…
hahaha get the stencil, really helps A LOT! :P
sarah tirona said…
hahahaha yesss! bawal photos pag walang kilay! :P
sarah tirona said…
try the stencil, super ok sya and theres 3 shapes to choose from, got it for only P80! :)
sarah tirona said…
yay, thanks! :) xoxo
Sherlane Fortunado said…
Wow. Thanks.. I'm not good in putting eyebrows and this can help me.
the dreamer mom said…
I never had a shirtdress, but that looks is so nice. And yes..I'm proud to be an Igorot. ♥
Arcee Angob Miranda said…
I also have a similar dress, but I am really shy to wear it kasi I thought it is out of style. Now I think I'm gonna wear it na thanks for the inspiration :) Hope you could also visit my site.
thebaginvestigator.com thesatastefiedchef.com
Maria Louisa Mae P. Mercado said…
You're really rocking that shirtdress. Looks great!
Jenny1015 said…
Love the whole ensemble... Now I gotta lose some extra pounds to make me look as stunning as you.
Mommy Anna said…
I love your bag :-) hindi ko siya napapansin sa Baguio
Mommy Pehpot said…
Love the bag! And the shirt dress too! Pero if fuller figure parang hindi masyado bagay ang shirt dress, what do you think?
I love shirtdresses! I also have one from Old Navy hehe

xoxo
MrsMartinez
Ayi Dela Cruz said…
I always have trouble doing my brows kaya when I was still working, I ask my officemate to help me do it. Haha! I guess I'm not really a makeup person ang talaga :)
TweenselMom said…
I don't know if I can pull off this look. Baka magmukha akong naka maternity hhaha. I still have to have your figure.
nicole Paler said…
Shirtdresses are great for those lazy days for me when I don't have much time to think of what to wear.. :)
tgf said…
I still haven't mastered the skill of making the perfect eyebrows. Sigh! Hopefully, I can do that soon with this exciting product. -- Maria Teresa Figuerres
MacyMichelle said…
I never tried using a pencil for my brows but at this point I sure need one. Thanks for sharing. Love it- it looks natural. -MacySantos
sarah tirona said…
thank you! glad you liked this post :)
sarah tirona said…
im sure you can, its super easy esp with a stencil :)
sarah tirona said…
kaya mo yan! :) just find the right material and silhouette to flatter your body type
sarah tirona said…
get a stencil! so much easier :)
sarah tirona said…
time to whip out your old shirtdresses and off shoulder tops! hahaha
sarah tirona said…
pwede as long as you choose the right kind of material, nothing too stiff and dont button it all the way to the top :) you can also wear with leggings
sarah tirona said…
its in minesview lang with all the keychains and stuff :)
sarah tirona said…
no naman, just pick the right shirtdress :) its really versatile :)
sarah tirona said…
thank you so much! :)
sarah tirona said…
aw thanks! :) will check it out :)
sarah tirona said…
igorots are cool!!! :)
sarah tirona said…
youre welcome dear :)
I love your OOTD here Sarah! So simple and yet so chic.
sarah tirona said…
thanks peachy! im really simple lang :)
I super love the look. I hope I can replicate that OOTD, too.
sarah tirona said…
kaya yan! :) thank you :)
Alexa said…
where did you get the stencil?