I LET MY KID DRESS ME FOR A WEEK - DAY 1

"Your clothes are unmatchable!!!"

That's what my 8 year old daughter said when I first asked her to style me for 7 days.

"Hmm, no wonder I take so long to get dressed sometimes."  Hahaha ☺

I thought she was gonna back out on our little summer project but apparently, just like her momma, our  little trooper loves a good challenge herself!

It's a little scary getting dressed by kids... 

First, they don't ask you where you're going: You could end up wearing a gown in the middle of the mall! Second, comfort and body type isn't exactly taken into consideration...

Still, I gotta say, it's definitely liberating and fun to turn the tables around once in awhile.

Big thanks to my friend Honey of porkletme.tumblr.com/ for asking us to do this. 

Here's what my daughter came up with for Day 1:

I LET MY KID DRESS ME FOR A WEEK
i let my kid dress me for a week
Like I said earlier, they don't ask you where you're going!

For Day 1, she picked out a purple crop top  and bag (purple is her favorite color) and completed the rest of the look with all-white.

I was impressed. Not too far off from what I might choose myself.

Needless to say, she exceeded my expectations.

But the thing was, I was headed to SM Fashion Hall for an event at their activity center...

This outfit would've been okay except that the shoes she chose for me were my reptile pumps from LAMB which are gorgeous but terribly uncomfortable. Also, I was feeling bloated plus I don't really have the guts to wear a crop top all day inside Megamall. :P

But for the sake of the project, I was willing to suck it in and do it. Fortunately, when she found out where I was going, she gave me a look like that of my mother's which seemed to say: "You are not going anywhere in that outfit!" and made me change. 

I LET MY KID DRESS ME UP FOR 7 DAYS
i let my daughter dress me for a week
Surprisingly, this is turning out better than I thought. Seems like we have a little stylist in our midst. I was half expecting ridiculously crazy outfits with clashing colors everywhere but my little girl has pretty good taste. We'll see what happens in the next couple of days. Anything is possible and I am mighty excited! 

topshop top | forever 21 jacket | frontrowshop pants | lamb pumps | rebecca minkoff bag

Comments

MissDonyaMe said…
Wow, galing naman! May pinagmanahan. hehe
sarah tirona said…
hahaha, thank you! gulat nga din ako sa taste nya! :P
Wow, little fashionista! :) Looking forward for the next ones!
Trice Nagusara said…
Ang gandaaaa! She should have her own blog na! It'll be super cute!
sephcham said…
Galing! Baka naglalaro ng Sims si Nikola kaya na-train na? Haha!
jackiego said…
Lavett! Grabe I'm afraid if Gabbie styles me. Baka she'll pick all the gowns tapos mag-grocery lang ako! Gudjab Nikolaaaaaaa!
Pau-pau Alagao said…
Wow! Nice! I love how she styled you Miss Sarah! I can't wait for more OOTD and styling from your beautiful daughter. :)
ruthilicious said…
Love it! ;) Cute mommy and daughter bonding :D
Wow :) Your daughter is fashionista too! :)
Ang galing galing, katuwaaa!

Can't wait na magawa sakin to ng anak ko. hehe!
liz said…
your daughter has great taste :)
Mana sa nanay! May style! Ang galing ng dating! Naku! I can imagine my daugter dressing me up in an all pink ensemble complete with tutu and tiara lol

xoxo
MrsMartinez
sarah tirona said…
kse naman, i dont have tutus and tiaras in my closet na pwede maging option, meron ka ba? hahahhahaha :P
sarah tirona said…
i know right? i feel threatened! hahahaha
sarah tirona said…
hahahaha, yea go do it, ang saya! :)
sarah tirona said…
hehehe thanks legs, i mean ruth. :P
sarah tirona said…
thank you so much pau! :)
sarah tirona said…
hahahaha, wala naman kse akong gown sa closet jackie! :P
sarah tirona said…
on point ka dyan seph. i never realized it til you actually said it, oo nga, SIMS! shes been playing it for severl years. hahahaha
sarah tirona said…
pwede kaya sa school nya?! :P
sarah tirona said…
thanks juvy! im excited too :)
Rina said…
pretty impressive! well, may pinagmanahan naman kasi :) should be an interesting week!
Anna Plaida said…
I want to have a daughter din :-) your daughter is like you who has a sense of style :-)
Chinky said…
That's one reason why I want to have a baby girl in the future ---- to dress up and someone to dress me up too! hee hee :)
sarah tirona said…
thanks anna, thats sweet of you :)
sarah tirona said…
hahaha, yup! thank you :)
Nheng said…
Galing! Pagawa ko nga din to sa mga anak ko, yun nga long boys sila hehehe


--


nhengswonderland.blogspot.com
Mommy Pehpot said…
meron yata si Michelle! hahaha


ang galing mong mentor Sarah! I wish I could be as good as you when it comes to mentoring my daughter :) The only thing she's learning from me is my love for sleep! Yikes!
Ruth Alfonso Alarcon said…
Aww! So cute!! You just gave me an idea! I'll let my kids naman cook for us for one week. Nyay! Parang nakakatakot ah.. :D :D
Maan Laxa said…
Your daughter has great taste in fashion na! I think being a fashionista runs in your blood haha
Matromao said…
You've taught her well. :))
Your daughter dressed you well. Mukhang mana sayo.
MacyMichelle said…
For a little girl- she has good styling ability. Bravo...can't wait for the next episode. -MacySantos
nicole Paler said…
wow, very classy indeed! wait- how old is your little angel by the way? :)
sarah tirona said…
thanks nicole, she's 8 :)
sarah tirona said…
thanks so much macy! :)
sarah tirona said…
hehehe, thanks peachy :)
sarah tirona said…
hahahaha may ganun gene? hahahahhaa :P thank you!!!
sarah tirona said…
hahahahah scary! ang clincher you have to eat it ha! bili ka muna fire extinguisher din. ahahahahaha
sarah tirona said…
mukha nga e! hahahahahaha