asus memo pad 7 in-depth review

Are you in the market for a new tablet?

How do you plan to use it? As an ebook reader? To search Google and watch videos on YouTube? For Social Media?

If you answered yes to all or any one of the above, then I highly recommend that you consider getting an Asus Memo Pad 7 as your new tablet. 

 With a retail price that begins at just P4,495 for the 16gb variant, it’s definitely a top contender in its bracket.
ASUS MEMO PAD7
asus memo pad 7 review


The Asus MeMO ME70CX7 has a screen that measures 7 inches. It has a dual core processor and runs on Android 4.3 (jellybean). It also comes with an Intel® Atom™ Multi-Core Z2520 Processor with Intel® Hyper-Threading Technology. 

ASUS MEMO PAD7 REVIEW
asus memo pad 7 vs ipad mini
That means it hardly lags or freezes unless you have multiple apps open or if you visit a site with heavy graphics.

ASUS MEMO PAD7 REVIEW1
asus memo pad 7
And I mean heavy graphics… games like The Sims which use up a lot of memory. But it works alright for games like Candy Crush:

asus memo pad7 1
asus memo pad 7 for gaming
Graphic display resolution and sound quality is also good enough for watching videos on YouTube:

ASUS MEMO PAD 7 SAMPLE PHOTOS
asus memo pad 7 youtube
As an e-book reader, the Asus Memo Pad 7 is a joy to use.

asus memo pad 7 review2
asus memo pad 7 kindle
It also has a simple interface that kids and older people (seniors :P) will have an easy time figuring out without the need of a manual:

asus memo pad 7 review 4
asus memo pad 7 interface
The camera (2MP) is not spectacular but good enough for taking everyday random photos in natural light.

Here are some unedited examples:

asus memo pad 7 sample photo 2
typical instagram flat lay shot
asus memo pad 7 sample photos landscape
landscape shot
Colors aren’t perfect and some shots can come out a bit grainy but with a little tweaking, you can capture some pretty decent photos with it:

asus memo pad 7 sample photos portrait
portrait of my pretty daughter :)
That job is made easier with built-in filters and a burst camera called: Time Rewind that allows you to take up to 31 simultaneous shots to achieve the best picture.

asus memo pad 7 camera filters
asus time rewind
It also comes with a front-facing camera that you can use for skype and other similar video call apps (or selfies :P).

asus whats next
asus what's next
Aside from those standard features, it also has a thing called “Miracast” that allows you to stream content directly to your TV and “What’s Next” which displays your to-do’s conveniently on your home screen.

WHAT I LOVE MOST ABOUT IT:
  • Lots of freeware to download
  • Able to connect to Wi-Fi and stay connected better than most other devices
  • Sturdy. We have a 10 year old Asus laptop that still works perfectly to this day.
  • Price, can’t be beat.

VERDICT: The Asus Memo Pad 7 is a great value for money tablet that your entire family will enjoy. A single charge can last up to 10 hours and it’s convenient to take along because of its size and weight (only 0.65 lbs). If I were to use my own money to purchase a tablet, considering its price and the way it performs, I would probably pick this over the more popular iPad mini just cause its much cheaper and is able to do the same things I usually do with my iPad.

Comments

Vance Madrid said…
I like that Asus memo pad had a friendly user interface. It seems like a good buy as it won't put a hole in your pocket despite the amazing specs.
Jenny1015 said…
I have not tried this gadget yet but it seems to be a good product.
thekitchen goddess said…
Specs and price are good ... thumbs up! And I love ASUS also.. my ASUS EEEPC is still working up to now and its almost a decade old na. My new laptop is also an ASUS :)
May De Jesus-Palacpac said…
I've been curious about ASUS tablets for a while now. I don't plan to use it for taking pictures, though. :) I still want a real DSLR for that. :) From the sound of it, it seems like a really good product (minus the cam). It's very affordable, too. We got a generic one for 7K+ two years ago, it hasn't disappointed us, but we would love to have our hands on a branded one.
Aleigna Lin said…
Specs look great. Pag nagsawa daughter ko sa iPad, I'd consider getting this.
I love your other talent. hihi! dyan ako mahina, sa title ng mga kanta. he he he
tgf said…
I know someone who needs these Marshall speakers. I'll tell him to try this brand. -- Maria Teresa Figuerres
michisolee said…
I had Asus laptop and it lasted for almost 3 years, bongga yung 10 years mo. Bet ko yang single charge can last up to 10 hours. :)
Roxi Santiago said…
I have an ASUS laptop and so far, it's been great! We're actually planning on getting a new tablet soon (I lost our iPad!), maybe end of the year. I'll keep the Memo Pad in mind.
reigningstill said…
The ASUS Zenphone is actually very nice. And I saw this on their stall and it was really pretty decent. Big plus that it's affordable too.
Rhoda Fajardo said…
My daughter uses a similar tab but its an Acer. 7" din. Camera is also 2mp. Since tabs are mostly optimized for kids, the photo quality isn't that important. OK naman sya sa natural light.
Janice Lim said…
We're not planning to buy another tablet now but if in case we decide to give up our Telpad, this is something we'll consider for use by our son. :)
Marie San Luis said…
Those Marshall Speakers look so cool! I could imagine your heartbreak hehehe.
recoveringshopaholic said…
Woohoo! I've got my eye on the headphones for the hubby's birthday. I'm not much of a music lover myself but he is and he's been looking for the perfect headphones for months. Thanks for the tip!
sarah tirona said…
im sure he's gonna love these :)
sarah tirona said…
oh my god, its still breakingggg....hahahahha
sarah tirona said…
hahaha thank you!!! :P