walk a mile in my adidas superstars

Recently, there's been the Adidas Bounce, Adidas ZX Flux, Adizero and many others but I will always have a soft spot for the Adidas Superstar.

This is probably my 2nd/3rd pair already.

The last I can remember was about 10 years ago and I wore that one to death.

made in france adidas superstar
This 2015 marks the 45th Anniversary of the shoe and to celebrate, they came out with limited edition Vintage Superstar "Made In France" pairs and the one I'm wearing is one of those. Unlike regular Superstars this one features an unbranded heel tab with fur (!), a flat tongue, and its signature off-white shell toe.
I wasn't really in the market for a limited edition shoe, I was just looking for a regular pair. I scoured Taiwan and Singapore during my vacation there but couldn't find any in my size, the smallest they had was a mens size 5 (I'm a size 4 mens). I kinda gave up the hunt until a couple weeks ago when I had some errands to do in BGC and on the way back to the car, I decided to pop into the Adidas Flagship store there.

It's funny because this time around, I was looking for a pair of Adidas Stan Smith's. The guy showed me the womens version (which I didn't really like so much) and then right beside it was this one! I peeked at the price, had a good swallow and then handed over my credit card.

Dennis didn't make a sound which was a good sign because he normally opposes ALL of my purchases. I guess he knew how much I've been wanting a pair...

Fast forward to two weeks and I have absolutely zero regrets. This shoe goes WITH EVERYTHING! Especially considering that my wardrobe basically consists of black and white. :P

I wear it more than my black and white Nike Roshe Run's.

If you're in the market for a sneaker and you only want to buy a single pair, I suggest getting one of these or plain white Chuck Taylor's. You won't be sorry. These two are the only rubber shoes I've tried that go with jeans, shorts, skirts and dresses in any shape and color.

blah, blah, blah, so anyway, here's the #OOTD:

vintage adidas superstar street style
adidas superstar with fur heel tab
adidas superstar street style
rayban matte folding wayfarers | h&m blazer | zara cami | romwe skorts | rebecca minkoff bag | adidas vintage superstar

photos by Dennis Sy

Comments

animetric said…
I want a skort like that! Actually, type ko yun buong outfit lol ewan lang if bagay sa akin hahaha. XD
sarah tirona said…
pwede yan! loose lang naman :) go tapos ill take your photo :P
animetric said…
Provided makahanap ako ng skort lol! XD
sarah tirona said…
greenhills!!! hahahaha
Mecheel said…
Wow! You are so cool! I love the shoes and shades too.
nicolepaler said…
Can I pretty please check out more from your closet? :D I'm loving everything in this outfit! You look like a great catalog model for sure :D
May De Jesus-Palacpac said…
Very nice! I love Adidas but it's been a while since I've worn one. I'm not sure this style fits me, though.
Monica said…
Ang natural naman ni mommy in the camera! I wonder if i'll look as good sporting shoes like that! Haha!
BelleB said…
super bet ko talaga ang superstar...wala dito sa malls sa malapit.. :( sad. pero ok lang. in time.. first it was Ana(gon) who made me soooo jealous.. now ikaw naman sis hehehe. though, i can't get that anniv edition.. cant make that good swallow for it.. regular lang happy na ko . hehehe
Ayi Dela Cruz said…
Love the outfit :) I'm never an Adidas fan since way back except for running shoes. Hehehe. Will definitely check this out :)
Ma.Me.Mi.Mommy said…
I believe you when you say that it looks good with anything. I'm so impartial to white haha. Love the ootd! :)
sarah tirona said…
hahaha, didnt want the limited edition din kaya lang couldnt find my size talaga sa regular style. oh well, no regrets! good luck, hope you find a pair soon. super sulit :)
sarah tirona said…
thank you!! hahaha im sure you will, super easy lang sya suotin :)
sarah tirona said…
thank you so much! xoxo
sarah tirona said…
super easy to wear, try one on in th store :P hahaha
sarah tirona said…
awww super thanks!!! :) will try to upload more stuff in my closet sale soon. busy lang :)
Janice Lim said…
I think my hubby is looking to get me a pair of running shoes for my upcoming birthday and I was secretly hoping he wouldn't because the only shoes I want to buy are those that go with the rest of my wardrobe. And I'm not a sporty dresser. But seeing you in these shoes makes me rethink that. Haha! How much are they?
Joyful Mess said…
You really look so cool and carefree wearing them, Sarah. I'm not a sneakers gal but your photos are making me reconsider!
sarah tirona said…
hahahaha, yea these are cimfy pa :) the regular ones are around 3k+ but smallest size is mens5/8 women, these are around 6k :) advanced happy birthday!!!
Marie San Luis said…
I love your OOTD, absolutely effortless. Makes me wanna go out set up a camera and do a self photoshoot. :)
sarah tirona said…
thank you! :) why not? go do it! busrt mode lang so you can capture those candid moments :)
love wearing sneakers with dress and skirts! im an adidas (running) shoe user but my favorite for walking is their stellas!
Paulline @ milastolemyheart said…
I like the whole outfit. Something I'd wear myself. Oh, and FUR!
Thanks for the tip! I think white sneakers are really versatile and you can wear it with different outfits.