pond's pearl cleansing gel review, launch + samples w free shipping thru zalora!

I don't really attend beauty events as often anymore for the reason that (so far), I have already found a line-up of products that work best on me.

But of course, there are a few exceptions to that rule, and one of them is Pond's new Pearl Cleansing Gel.

At my age, I'm pretty picky already when it comes to skincare because I'm at that crucial point when lines and wrinkles really begin to show. I tend to spend a lot on creams but (last year's) Pond's Flawless White Dewy Rose Gel moisturizer was the only drugstore variant of its price range that made the cut for me and I have been using it eversince (see review here).

Pond's Pearl Cleansing Gel was launched yesterday as the perfect partner to last year's moisturizer and to complete their whitening gel regimen so you understand why I had to go. 

The event was held in R Space, Makati with special guest and beauty guru, Agoo Bengzon who was there to give a talk on the latest Beauty Trends this season.

ponds pearl cleansing gel price
Also present were brand ambassadors and self-confessed Pond's Girls Kryz Uy, Tricia Gosingtian, Laureen Uy and Patricia Prieto:

ponds girls laureen uy, kryz uy, tricia gosingtian, patricia prieto at pearl cleansing gel launch
It was a short, sweet and fairly intimate event which mostly revolved around basic make-up techniques, skincare, the new product and how it works.

ponds pearl cleansing gel
A skin test was simulated to show us the difference between Pond's Pearl Cleansing Gel and its leading competitor:

ponds pearl cleansing gel
Here's what I learned about Gel Cleansers:

- contains milder ingredients than whitening soaps making it suitable for sensitive skin
- non-drying - hydrating
- removes dirt more efficiently but does not drag your skin's moisture with it
- does not cause breakouts or clog pores
- dissolves faster and more effectively into the skin while locking in moisture 

ponds pearl cleansing gel review
I was amazed at the test results, there was a significant difference between dirt removed and skin breakage between the two products.

I found myself thinking that this is a perfect example of science and beauty working together to create efficient and affordable new solutions for skincare.

I couldn't wait to try it myself and that's exactly what I did last night before going to bed...

ponds pearl cleansing gel beauty blogger manila
Lo and behold, just like the gel moisturizer, I was equally impressed with Pond's new Pearl Cleansing Gel. 

Not only did it leave my skin feeling squeaky clean and supple, it also got rid of 80% of my waterproof eye make-up just by washing my face! Less work for my make-up remover and good enough for lazy days when you just feel like washing, moisturizing and going to bed. 

Pond's Pearl Cleansing Gel along with the Dewy Rose Gel Moisturizer makes it a lot easier to achieve that "fresh-faced" look for a flawless selfie. :P

Even better? 

It's super affordable at just P85 for the 50g tube and P185 for the 100g tube.

***Log on to Zalora this February 20, 2015  and order your Ponds Pearl Cleansing Gel Kit. First 100 orders get FREE SHIPPING!

Pond's new Pearl Cleansing Gel will be available in all leading department stores, drugstores, supermarkets, groceries and convenience stores this March.

For more info, connect with Ponds Philippines via Facebook, Twitter and Instagram (@PondsPH)
#PondsGirl #PondsPearlCleansingGel

Comments

Matromao said…
Amazing concept, Taste The Scent. I can imagine what a fun drink that would be.
Anna Plaida said…
I can't wait try the pond's new pearl cleansing gel, it looks great :-)
Sherlane Fortunado said…
Wow.. It connects via Bluetooth.. People who loves music would love this.
sherry ann gole cruz said…
wow,thanks for the tip!
Mecheel Casenas said…
Will be marking February 20 for sure.. :) Can't wait to try Pond's new pearl cleansing gel.
I'm a Pond's user myself, for years! And gosh, this is cool! :-)
Vicky Thompson said…
Thanks for this :) I'll have to check this out. I've found that gel cleansers are better on my skin and this one of Pond's is better for my wallet ;) Hehe...
Thanks for the tip! :) I will try logging in to Zalora to try this out. I am not really a Ponds user, but your review is really promising ♥ Would want to have that flawless selfie ;)
Jennelyn Abad said…
Nag try ako mag login now sa zalora pero wala ako nakita available na Ponds Pearl Cleansing Gel ..inaabangan ko din kasi yan..
Maan Laxa said…
This is the first time I've heard of gel cleansers, to be honest. I'm intrigued! Thanks also for the tip!
sarah tirona said…
you're welcome! you should try it, I honestly like them better :)
sarah tirona said…
thats what i love about ponds, if youre hiyang, super lucky cause good and affordable :)
sarah tirona said…
me too, wanna make it this summer :)
sarah tirona said…
they are perfect for that! :)
sarah tirona said…
yes, one of the better looking ones ive reviewed :) cheap for sound quality too!
Aci Girl said…
wow eau my gold! and na-curios ako sa taste the scent...
Marie San Luis said…
That speaker looks sooo girly for me. I love it! Hanggang tingin na lang ako hehehe.
Emem V. said…
Thanks for the tip. Will check on Zalora, sana umabot sa first 100. :)
Mecheel said…
Taste the scent? That's new... Anyway, may I ask how to pronounced PACO RABANNE?
Rose Angelie said…
Interesting! Good for you for guessing the two right. If it was me, nganga! lol
I'll check this out! I like Ponds BB Cream and I think it's good to stick with one brand that works for you.
tgf said…
This is another skin care product to try. I'll check this out on my next trip to the supermarket. -- Maria Teresa Figuerres
Janice Lim said…
Wow, I love how it looks. So stylish. Plus it's handy too! You can bring it with you almost everywhere.
KayeF said…
Music lovers will surely like this one most especially that it can be connected via bluetooth.
sarah tirona said…
yup, super convenient :)
sarah tirona said…
yup, took it with me to the beach, perfect! :)
sarah tirona said…
yup! why change when its cheap and works! :P
sarah tirona said…
hahaha you - deserve - it!!!! :P