native shoes apollo moc launch at sneakpeek

Astronauts and a crowd as cool as the moon...

The launch of Native Shoes new Apollo Sneaker held a couple of days ago was "out of this" world. One of the best I've been to despite actually being quite simple in execution. It was more what you could do with what you have and the power of imagination....


I used to see Native as more of a functional shoe rather than something the sneakerhead community would clamor for but the Apollo changed my perception entirely, 100%.



And I was not the only one. The Sneakpeek boutique in Shangrila mall's East Wing was filled to the brim with "Manila's coolest people" during the VIP launch. 

I haven't seen such a huge congregation of creative people together in one place. I felt a bit intimidated and wished to god that I packed my Roshes or Superstars to change into before heading to the event so I would "blend in more".


I came straight from a Pond's event so I was decked in my all-white girly outfit. I felt like a sore thumb sticking out amongst a crowd of cool kids and their even cooler kicks. :P 

Anyway, what's done is done. Back to the event...


The new Apollo shoe also boasts of the Anti-Anti Gravity feature where grounding rubber is inserted to provide traction where it is needed most.

This means anti-shock and an added spring to your step just like astronauts on the moon...


The execution of this presentation was pretty simple, it only required a play of lights, men dressed as astronauts walking in slow motion, and a fog machine but the impact resonated throughout the crowd and made us realize that we were in the midst of a groundbreaking shoe.


The Apollo Moc isn't just good-looking it's also packed with features that make it the perfect shoe for ManileƱos lifestyle:

- upper features perforated details to allow maximum airflow
- in a sleek, waterproof micro-fiber blend
- extremely lightweight and comfortable

Only weighs as much as 23 1/2 regular sized marshmallows!
And it comes in several eye-catching colors:


But of course, my favorite will always be black.

Check out the Apollo Moc at SneakPeak and all Native Shoes Kiosks and Stores nationwide.

Comments

badudets said…
This has a different look from the other Native shoes. Looks like they are into the minimalist shoe design as well.
Jacq Paraguya said…
Nice shoes! My husband saw this one time while we were "malling" and interesting nga daw i-try. ;) Sidenote lang, my husband and I love the interface of your blog. :)


Jacq of jacqwritesworld.blogspot.com
Emem V. said…
My husband will definitely love the design.. It looks very light :)
Aci Girl said…
I like the red one :) will check this out soon, how much kaya?
I love the pink ! Or is it red? And yes, you're correct it's perfect for Manilenos lifestyle! ;)
Looks like a minimalist running shoe!
sarah tirona said…
yup, reminds me a bit of roshes :)
sarah tirona said…
red! yup its super nice in person :)
sarah tirona said…
im not sure, they didnt say. ill check later and get back to you, around 4k siguro :)
sarah tirona said…
aww thanks! i wanted something clean and simple lang :)
sarah tirona said…
yea, was surprised at how nice they were :)
Ang cool nga haha I want the red one! Talagang kelangan flashy ano? lol


xoxo
MrsMartinez
TheMissusV said…
My son is flat footed and I think this will be great for him. I just hope they have kids' line!
Lorly said…
perfect for the hubby. would make a great couple shoes... :-)
It seems like a really great line. And when it comes to casual shoes, I love the colorful ones talaga!
sarah tirona said…
i love it, waterproof too so perfect!!! :)
sarah tirona said…
yes! the black is a beauty! got the red ones though :)
sarah tirona said…
not you kung hindi flashy! hahahaha ehem madame. :Phahaha