melissa mini me launch at geleia shangrila

When I buy shoes for my little girl, I always consider comfort first and then style. Yes, style, these little girls already have their own sense of style at such a young age.

I've bought many pairs that have never been worn because - it's not her style.

I believe in free will and freedom of expression through dressing (hello, blogger  :P haha) so instead of getting angry, I just stopped buying her clothes and shoes on my own.

 Now, we shop together and I don't mind because it's actually a lot more fun.

A few days ago, we even got to do it for work! How perfect is that?

Melissa Shoes invited me and Nikola to the launch of Mini Melissa's at Geleia Shangrila:


We even got to dress up in identical mini me outfits! It was so amusing to see all these little miniatures of ourselves running around the place:



And just like any event where kids are involved, there were fun activities lined up for them. Nikola got to design her own DIY Passport Holder using felt pieces:


Back to the shoes...

When Melissa first landed on our shores sometime in the early (year) 2000s (if I remember right?), most of us clamored for their pretty, rain-friendly and super comfortable heels. They were the most practical thing to wear to work (and play) because they never gave you blisters or sore feet and you could even wear them in the rain!

Back then, the styles were very basic. Ballet flats, pumps and strappy wedges. That was pretty much it.

Fast forward to 2014: Melissa now has several successful collaborations with topnotch designers like Vivienne Westwood, Karl Lagerfeld and my favorite, Jason Wu.


But really, not even those big names could surpass the cuteness that is Mini Melissa's:


Just like us moms, I was surprised to see all these little girls suddenly transform into junior Imelda's! They went crazy for the yummy smelling, embellished maryjanes and boots! I really can't blame them cause these are just too adorable. They almost look like toys and your kids will look like dolls in them!

Think Suri Cruise and Blue Ivy who have been "street style" spotted more than a few times in different pairs of Mini Melissa's!


But seriously, you don't need to have the income of Beyonce to be able to let your little girls enjoy the comfort and charm of Mini Melissa's since they are pretty affordable with a price range of P1,999-P2,250.

Considering these shoes don't break (seriously, they don't :P), I think that's a pretty small price to pay.

Also most important of all, your kids will actually wear and love them.


Mini Melissa shoe are available at these Geleia branches (ATC, Trinoma, Mall of Asia, Shangri-la Plaza, SM Aura, Greenbelt 5, Robinson's Magnolia, SM Megamall) and at Rustans Makati, Shangrila, Alabang Town Center, Flatshop (Eastwood and Greenhills), selected Shoe Salon stores and Shoe Thing (BGC High Street, Greenbelt 5, Trinoma, Eastwood and Lucky Chinatown)

GIVEAWAY: 

Comments