ootd: urban apparel

"If it ain't broke, don't fix it."

Lately, I have been thinking about my personal style and how I'm almost always in black and white and the frequency in which I rotate my clothes. If I wasn't blogging then this probably won't even be an issue but since I am, I can't help but ponder on it and wonder if you guys are thinking or feeling the same way about my ootd's.

And then I realized that I live in the real world where most people don't own as many clothes or go shopping as often and that it is really quite practical to just purchase a few pieces that flatter you in all the right places, are super comfortable to wear and can be worn over and over again.

It's just the thought of being "stuck" that's bothering me a bit but after giving it some thought, I am chalking it up to maturity. At my age, I no longer feel the need to be frivolous, I know what I like and what works on me and I can't blame myself for wanting to dress that way (even if it is 99% of the time).

And owning a closet full of 3 complimentary colors make it really easy to mix and match.

No style post for awhile cause I haven't been attending events much which leaves me with no one to take my photos, I usually just ask Dennis to take a quick snap with my phone and post it on Instagram (@sarahtirona - follow me for more ootds, there are more there right now than here; you can just msg me for brand info if you want).

But yesterday, I was finally able to sched a chill day  with Ana and Tracy so here, a new OOTD :P

We spent the entire day together shopping at the newly renovated Forever 21 store where the dialogue mostly went like this:

5 minutes in: "There's nothing to buy..." | After an hour in at checkout: "Crap, I'm over budget", "Shit, me too!" 

HAHA, the store is just huge and packed with stuff so it can feel a bit overwhelming but there's some pretty nice gems in there, cheap too. I got a nice pair of black pants for lounging that was on sale for only P500.

Aside from shopping, we also had dinner at Ippudo and a much needed pamper session at Beauty and Butter...hence, the foot spa/pedi-ready outfit:

normcore
birkenstock street style
manila's top fashion bloggers
birkenstock philippines
I paired this really cute athletic-inspired "Paris" jersey that I got from the recently opened "Urban Apparel" boutique in Alabang with my favorite Birkenstock Arizona's and origami skirt from Romwe (which I need to put on lockdown for being super overused).

Anyway, about Urban Apparel, have you been? It's pretty cool, it's a mecca of awesome (and quirky) brands from abroad under one roof. They carry UK-based vintage style brand: Tokyo Laundry, Swiss brand: Tally Weijl (which is where my top is from), and also Paris' Fresh Brand to name a few.

If you find yourself at Alabang Town Center, check them out at the G/F. You can also find Urban Apparel boutiques at Marquee Mall Pampanga and soon at Ayala Cebu.

for more info, follow Urban Apparel on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter (@urbanapparel_PH)

photos by anagonzales.com

paris top from Tally Weijl at Urban Apparel | romwe shorts (see here) | birkenstock arizona | matte folding ray-ban wayfarers from glasses online (see here) | zara bag

Comments