nars satin lip pencil review

In the market to buy some new lipstick? Hold up and read this review first.

NARS recently came out with their satin lip pencils which promise the precision of a lip pencil with the ease of traditional lipstick.
The collection comes in 12 statement shades with rich pigments. Doesn't matter what your personal style is, your are bound to find a color soulmate within the dozen.

nars satin lip pencil

Shades Include (in no particlar order):

HET LOO (Cognac), FLORALIES (light apricot), ISOLA BELLA (peach beige), LODHI (vibrant coral), BISCAYNE PARK (pink guava), RIKUGIEN (rose pink), GOLSHAN (spiced wine), MAJELLA (garnet), LUXEMBOURG (vivid watermelon), HYDE PARK (cardinal red), PALAIS ROYAL (sangria), and YU (shocking pink)


nars satin lip pencil swatches
I was fortunate enough to be given the opportunity to try out two of their shades. I own the PALAIS ROYAL and LODHI which I personally think are two of the best shades to come out of this collection. 

First, you must know that I have never encountered a lipstick from NARS that I didn't like. The color is always bold and highly pigmented, shades are beautiful, they are very easy to apply and they stay on for a long time. 

The new satin lip pencils from NARS deliver all that plus a whopping  x 10.

nars satin lip pencil review

What I Love About NARS Satin Lip Pencils:

  1. extremely easy to use both as a pencil and lipstick
  2. no need to sharpen, just twist and your good
  3. beautiful shades
  4. very highly pigmented
  5. super strong stay on power...I had to rub my lips and arm numerous times with soap and water just to get it off...so far the most stubborn lipstick I have ever tried...when it comes to lippies this gets an A+
  6. moisture-rich and ultra creamy formula


Check out the swatches of my NARS Palais Royal (kiss) and my Lodhi (me):

nars palais royale, lodhi satin lipstick swatch
There is nothing to hate about these latest lippies from NARS. In my eyes, they're perfect. Probably the only thing preventing me from giving this a 5 star rating is the price tag. It's a little pricey at P1450 per pencil but I assure you, it's worth every penny. 

Try it out for yourself at all NARS counters and boutiques in Rustans.

Comments

runbarbierun said…
Omg, twist up pala Satin Lip Pencils? And here I thought you need to sharpen them! Good to know!

xo runbarbierun.com
@romila, yup, their twist ups! :)