dvf loves roxy
For me, Roxy will always be my go-to brand for anything beach related. During my more active wakeboarding/jetskiing years, I used to hang out a lot at the Quiksilver store in Rockwell and Glorietta. I became a VIP client with my very own silver card which I still have until now and treasure as much as the first day it was presented to me. I was (and still am) a HUGE Roxy fan so I was naturally super excited when I got an invite to check out their latest collaboration with Diane Von Furstenberg.
The event was held last night at the seawall side garden of Sofitel Philippine Plaza and all the big players from the fashion industry were there to witness it while looking fresh and radiant in white.
The launch was hosted by Nicola Sebastian and Lui Tortuya:
After being serenaded by an awesome ukelele group in a super chill and appropriate beach setting reminiscent of malasimbo, it was time for the models to parade and showcase the much-awaited swimsuits that highly acclaimed designer, Diane Von Furstendberg, created especially for Roxy.
Here are some snaps from the fashion show:
The DVF loves Roxy swimsuits feature sophisticated prints of florals, vintage patterns and refined silhouettes - aesthetics that are signature Diane Von Furstenberg.
Not
one to be muted by mediocrity and dullness, Roxy’s style DNA married
harmoniously with Furstenberg’s trailblazing design spirit. Furstenberg
professes her love for the beach culture, and expressed her excitement about
working with Roxy, saying, “we wanted to empower women to go for it and ride
the wave!” The result? A collection that celebrates the fun, fearless, and
definitive beauty of femininity – no less than all the characteristics which
make for an ideal Roxy and DVF woman.
After all the oohs and the ahhs, we were treated to yummy DVF Loves Roxy Signature Cocktails that we were able to enjoy on large daybeds with DVF loves Roxy pillows (that I wanted to steal and take home with me) while listening once again to awesome music, this time by the band below, whose name I forget and regret that I forgot because they were super awesome.
Thank you so much Roxy and the Primer group for allowing us to witness this spectacular event. It was super cool and super fun.
For your entertainment, I leave you with the DVF loves Roxy catalog and promo video that is a must watch for all the beach babes and surfer girls out there.
The DVF loves Roxy line will be available in stores starting March 18, 2013. Limited pieces will be sold for a limited time only!!!
Shop DVF loves Roxy and Roxy's latest collections at these branches:
Roxy Robinsons Place Manila, Roxy SM Davao,
Quiksilver SM North Edsa Annex, Quiksilver Shangri-La Mall, Quiksilver Alabang
Town Center, Quiksilver Nuvali, Quiksilver Harbor Point Subic, Quiksilver SM
Pampanga, Quiksilver SM Cebu, Quiksilver Abreeza Davao, and Quiksilver Centrio
CDO.











Comments