torch resto review/bloggers night out

My favorite kind of events are those that manage to incorporate the formality of it and yet allow us blog friends to mingle and hang as if it were just any ordinary day except everything is free. :)

Last week, Torch Resto gave us that opportunity by hosting a fun bloggers night at their Connecticut outlet:


The night started out with their signature appetizers:

potato string fries

lots of PKNT wine

Mushroom Bisque

And one of my personal faves, 

Truffle Fries
The Mushroom Bisque and fries are both infused with Truffle oil which I cannot resist. One of my most favorite flavors on earth. Quickly devoured everything and deemed it time for a proper yosi break to let the starters down before more food arrives.

Stepped out for a bit with Ana who always is a darling and accompanies me even if she doesn't carry the nasty habit.


After a quick ten minute break, it was time for the rest of the food to arrive...

Gambas Pizza
 To my amazement, Torch has one of the best pizzas around. The gambas pizza is a roll up type that you eat stuffed with arugula and alfalfa sprouts. A definite must try and great for sharing with friends.

Volcano Roll
 Torch also serves modern takes on sushi. I believe they are original recipes developed solely for their menu. Both the Volcano Roll and Secret Sushi will leave a delicious lingering taste in your mouth that you will find yourself craving for days after.

Secret Sushi
And time for another yosi break with Shen, it's always fun when Shen's around and it's great to have someone call me out for a change. Was getting sooo full by this time, had to walk around a bit at the same time...


And then it was time for more food...depsite being filled to the brim, I could not resist this:

Torch Resto's Salpicao Medallion
This is orgasmic, no kidding. The beef is super tender and juicy. It's served on a hot tile which is great for people like me who are slow eaters, maybe just ask for them to serve it medium rare so it doesn't overcook while you eat.  The rice also deserves special mention because I don't know why, it just tastes really good and different despite it being just ordinary rice. You have to order this! It's fairly big though so I suggest you share with someone.

Also try the Steak Fondue which I don't have a photo of because everyone quickly devoured it a few moments after it was served. Seriously, it was that good.

Dessert was made up of these two scrumptious delights:
Panna Cota with Fresh Fruits
 The Panna Cotta is perfect for people who don't enjoy super sweet dessserts. The cream base gives a good balance to the fresh fruit toppings and it has just the right amount of sweetness to get rid of your umay, it's also the perfect size.

On the other hand, those who prefer to indulge themselves a little bit more, like me, will fall head over heels in love with their frozen brazo. Still not overtly sweet but slightly richer with it's crumb base, custard and meringue topping, it is heaven in the mouth (no pun intended:) and writing about has me salivating all over again.

Frozen Brazo de Mercedes
 After everything was served, it was time for the awardung ceremonies. I won best dressed which entitled me to 1 year's supply of free sushi! Yahoo, I couldn't be happier! :)


With the friends:

pax, me bestie, marj, earth, raleene and ana

In my humble opinion, I find that Torch resto is a fine dining establishment disguised in a casual dining atmosphere. The food is highly commendable and definitely worthy of a try and visit no matter how far away you live. And here's more reason to check them out:


For only P400, you get to drink as much wine as you want every Wedenesday! 

And as a special treat for all my readers, just mention "Pizza-Sushi-Steak" to their waiter to receive this yummy Tequila Lime Chicken Skin Skewer totally free!




Call the barkada na and plan your visit to Torch soon!



Torch is located at  63 Connecticut St, Greenhills, San Juan
for reservations, call: 4773771 / 5020000
0917 5120000 / 0917 5553000 / 0917 5551000 / 0917 5557000 / 09178379469

for more info visit: Torch Resto on Facebook


Comments

Nadine Natalin said…
Everything looks delish! :)
Nadine Natalin said…
Everything looks delish :)