marni inspired headband, plum dress



anagon infinity bracelet



view DIY post here:  marni inspired leather rosette headband tutorial


I can't exactly pinpoint what it is but something has got me going through my old clothes lately. This plum shift dress from Episode is even older than the zebra maxi dress I wore in my previous post. If I'm not mistakened, this dress was bought for me by my mom around 12 years ago. Circa 2000, if I'm right.

Shift dresses will probably never be at the top of the list for the younger set anytime soon since it's classic silhouette is anything but trendy. However, if you're the type who doesn't enjoy going shopping for clothes every season and would just prefer to invest in a few key pieces, then this piece is a must-have for you. It will never go out of style. I see its quality of being simple as it's strongest asset. You can dress it up in a multitude of ways giving you almost endless styling options. And the fact that it's plain will make it less obvious when you repeat. Wear with heels for a more glammed up effect or dress down with flats and a denim jacket for an outfit that's perfect for strolling around in.


episode plum shift dress | DIY headband | aldo wedges | cmg bag | jhajing necklace | anagon infinity bracelet


Comments

Chyrel Gomez said…
Love the DIY headband! You got a lot up your sleeves, babe! =)
Unknown said…
I love the accesories that you use in your outfit..especially the head band!
Joy said…
I love the DIY Headband too, its sooo cute! It's really cool that your dress still fits you :). You look fab with the whole outfit!
Rini said…
Hi Sarah, thank you for dropping by my blog! - I have also some pieces in my closet which are (almost 20 years) old, and I do not get bored wearing them. With the right accessories and shoes you can make them up-to-date. I love the colour of this dress and your bracelets! Katherine, http://styleidoscope.blogspot.de/
Rhania E. said…
i love your DIY headband =)
Noelle Chantal said…
The dress is very classic, especially the color Burgundy. Very classy, a forever piece. Love those shoes too! :)
Unknown said…
hi Ms. Sarah:) i love your plum shift dress...:) the color is vibrant...& the accessories just jazzed it up all the more!!!
Marieyuhh ♥ said…
Planning on doing that DIY headband soon! I love the outfit! :D Classy! :D
Issa said…
That DIY headband goes so well with your outfit! Love it :)
abigail ong said…
Love to try make this marni inspired leather rosette headband
mestizay said…
winner ang wedges mo mother!:)