What I Wore Today: The Annual Hangover

My best friend and daughter share the same birthday which is May 22. So once a year, Mommy gets the chance to be a "party girl", usually on May 21st. Getting up from bed on the 22nd and acting like nothing happened the night before is a whole different story. I have to suck in all the nausea, acid refluxes and headaches and be as enthusiastic as I can be for my daughter's birthday.

Add to that, loud and high-strung children's party MC's and an equally high-strung guest list of kids, equals epic migraine that you have to wear with a winning smile.

This year, I was so relieved when we asked our daughter what she wanted to do for her birthday and her answer was "bubble bath, sleep in the hotel". So we did....heaven....we had a simple celebration at the Makati Shangri-la instead. Love, love love that place and so does my daughter. She knows how to appreciate the finer things in life.





And here is my little baby who loves getting pampered...
and I look so tired! LOL, I sucked it in though and it turned out to be one of her best birthday celebrations ever. Somehow, her smile can take all the pain away magically. I love you babe! happy 5th birthday! Love, mom :)

More on her birthday celebration in my next post. Have a lovely weekend everyone! Don't forget to join my two ongoing giveaways which are both ending soon. Just click on the button at the right rail. :)

LIVE GREEN.

Comments

Ysh ♥ said…
Happy birthday to your little darling! She sure knows how to celebrate her birthday at such a young age!
DeBi said…
happy birthday deary!

your daughter is so adorable!
Anonymous said…
great pictures, so sweety
inge luciana said…
happy birthday for ur best friend and your lovely daughter :)
Belated happy birthday to the 2 special ladies in your life! Your daughter is a darling :)
Hazel said…
awwww i wish to have a daughter like that too (in the future)! what a simple yet meaningful bday celebration it was!!! :) she's sooo cute btw :D
KC said…
i love this long skirts trend... it was a fail a few years ago with those curtain skirts but it's making a good comeback.

nouveauskin.blogspot.com
Michelle said…
Awwwwwww!! Cutie! When I was her age, if my mom would ask me that question, I'd answer her with a "TOY KINGDOM!" LOL

Belated Happy Birthday to her!!
krissy ♥ said…
Wow, that's so cool! My mom has the same birthday as Britney Spears haha! Belated happy birthday to you and your daughter, Sarah! <333
Hollie said…
so cute! Happy Birthday to your little angel!
Sweet said…
aww your little angel is so cute...happy birthday to her...and nope you do not actually look tired...you still managed to look so radiant my dear!!!

Kisses
Sweet
PensandLens
@mistytewest
Unknown said…
awww, happy birthday to such a darling daughter! infernez, hindi xa choosy ha! :)
Anonymous said…
Love that skirt :)
Natali said…
love your style. Very comfy and relaxing!
AVA TE-ZABAT♥ said…
aww beautiful mom and daughter!:) happy birthday to her!
Tria Zaluska said…
love your shoes and happy belated birthday to your daughter..
oomph. said…
happy belated to her! i know what you mean about those late nights, tho. hard when the minis are up early the next morning, counting on you!

rockoomph.blogspot.com
Chyrel Gomez said…
your daughter is so pretty! belated happy birthday to her. :)

love your shoes and maxi skirt and it's good that she wants an intimate birthday celebration. :D