What I Wore Today: Heat Stroke + House Of Isla

The first photo depicts how I feel about this outfit, which is, "Oh My...." LOL!
I'm still on my period so I don't know if it's just me or something else but I'm totally not loving it, it's really not me at all. In fact, I ended up changing into shorts right before leaving the house. But of course you wouldn't want to see photos of myself in just shorts, a shirt and sneakers right? Not very imaginative...
So, I'm laying my soul out for everyone to judge both hits and misses. Haha, super dramatic! That's what the heat does to me. In case you all are wondering how hot it's getting, our average temperature yesterday was at 36C or 96F for all our farenheit loving friends elsewhere.
Recently, I just really would love to go out in my underwear...but my stretch marks might cause a panic I'm not capable of neutralizing.

On to more positive news, in light of the heat, I still shop for outerwear. Yes, I'm not practical, but as soon as I saw this beautiful blazer in Aileen's shop, I knew I had to have it. It's just so retro and it's just so me and it was just so cheap!
It's probably gonna be awhile til I get to wear this...
Anyway, I'd just like to share with everyone how much of a sweet and patient seller Aileen is. She answered all of my questions regarding the size, and the blah blah blah plus she was so patient in my confused state of finding a way of paying for it. (I'm an MLhuillier virgin.)
Also, the jacket is supposedly vintage but it is in such perfect mint condition. You would think she just pulled it off the rack somewhere just yesterday. And the packaging, the packaging almost brought tears to my eyes and a few kicks from myself at myself telling me to pay more attention to detail when I ship out some of my stuff.
My blazer was meticulously wrapped in recycled paper and sealed with a heart which I'm sorry I ripped in two right away before I was able to take a photo. As if that wasn't enough, I also got the prettiest pouch that I can re-use over and over again for all sorts of things. (It's the yellow polka pictured above)
So, if you haven't heard of her shop yet, please take the time to visit her blog and shop page. Everything is carefully hand-picked and after receiving my package I can guarantee the quality of the things she sells.

Thank you sooo much Aileen! I Laveeet! :)

visit and buy here:

Comments

Anupriya DG said…
Like the stripes & flared skirt......very summery/nautical....and of course! that blazer's a great pick!! :)
Roadrunner said…
Such a cute outfit! I just love the hat! :)

♥: http://withlovekatariina.blogspot.com
Becky Tjandera said…
Well I think the outfit is lovely! I love the shoes. Haha. And that new blazer is so beautiful!
Burning Skies said…
I actually love your outfit! So summery :) And I really love your shoes :)
✗✗ said…
Fantastic outfit!! I'm in love with the skirt!! So pretty.
Issa said…
yeah, you have nice outfits! i love it for the summer! i also like the blazer, maybe i'll check ms. aileen's shop if i can afford it... :)
Ysh ♥ said…
Us girls can really be that moody and fickle whenever it's the time of the month! I love your outfit though. And yay for accommodating sellers! <3
oomph. said…
i've been wanting a floral blazer!!! can't wait to see it on!

rockoomph.blogspot.com
Monique said…
Your top is really pretty! Loving the stripes trend!

Monique xx

misszuman.blogspot.com
Roma is Love said…
like it or not...you still look cute in this ensemble :) got to get my own boater hat :) I just love them hats! :)
Aya said…
Super hot yesterday! 36 degs??? Wow O_O
Pau Villafuerte said…
We're used to the tropical weather so I think it's okay for us to be wearing stuff like that. xD yes it's just your period, coz you're outfit is really nice!

<3 Paulyn
Hazel said…
i love what you're wearing!! :) and cute vintage jacket! i appreciate sellers who also put effort on their packaging :)
GretchTM said…
Sounds really hot over there! I like your hat. This outfit is really cute even if you changed to shorts. haha
Sam said…
oh my. I might be coming home this June, and I praaay it's not that hot anymore! But then again, I do miss the warm weather. Great outfit!
I don't think that your outfit was a miss, but I know what you mean by "not feeling it." Sometimes it just doesn't seem right. Anyway, that jacket is fabulous!
Chyrel Gomez said…
natawa naman ako sa underwear lang. hahahaha! i wanna go out with my pants and bra lang pero omg! can't imagine the people.

love your vintage jacket and the packaging is sweet. very eco-friendly.
mestizay said…
You are such a CHIC mommy!I love the outfit and cute belt!