What I Wore Today: Skirting (not an) Issue

Since all of you gave me such positive comments yesterday (love you, thank you!), I decided to give "the skirt" another try today. =)


A little info about the skirt: This skirt actually belonged to my grandma from the eighties. It used to be a maxi skirt. During one of my possessed sewing frenzies, I decided to chop a major part of it off. I am now feeling a bit of remorse for doing that since maxi skirts are all the rage this season but I have to live with my semi-mistake. I think making it shorter gives it a more classic cut thus also lending it more longevity, style-wise. I just wish I waited a bit longer before chopping off a huge chunk of it so I could've worn it as a maxi first.

and yes, in case some of you are wondering, I bought the same blouse in two different colors =)

Comments

Unknown said…
oh my, sana may mahanap din akong kayamanan tulad nito sa baul ng lola ko!
the skirt still looks good!
:)
sbot said…
Love the skirt!

Thanks so much for your comment, check out my new post if you like : )

www.baublesandbangles.blogspot.com

www.rosivintage.etsy.com

-Stephanie
Aya said…
Such a gorgeous outfit! xoxo
Anupriya DG said…
This skirt is such a classic!! Vintage rocks!!! :)
Anonymous said…
You have such incredible style! LOVE everything about it, including the vintage and those shoes! :-)

xx Emily from EL Vintage
Anonymous said…
PS- I am a new follower and will be putting your blog on my blog list.
Froso M. said…
That skirt looks amazing on you! I loved your clogs on the previous post!

xoxo,
Froso from Style Nirvana
Chyrel Gomez said…
i really hate that we don't have anything really vintage from our mom or grandma's! wala nang baul ni lola at mama.

the skirt looks great on you and the top too. :)
looking great, as always. :)
@lyzel and chyrel: my grandma used to have a lot, it's too bad I was only able to salvage some, mostly from the eigthies. I would've loved to get my hands on some pieces of hers from the 50' and 60's! I drool everytime I take a look at old photo albums =)
@styleforlife: thank you so much for putting me on your blog list! on my way to yours right now =)
Hannah said…
Nawww you look so adorable!
Yna Amores said…
I love love those shoes!
I think that the skirt looks fabulous how it is now,
and I am seriously in love with your shoes.
The outfit in general just works.
Stacey Kay said…
great shoes! i'd love to see them with some black jeans!

xoxo
Stacey Kay
“Runway Inspiration, Vintage Decoration”
www.GoodwillHuntingg.com
Women’s Fashion Examiner-Cleveland