QUICK, EASY, JUICY, 7 INGREDIENT ROAST CHICKEN RECIPE WITH OUR #PAMBANSANGMANOK

A few days ago while scrolling down my Facebook feed, I came across a status that caught my attention. I can't exactly recall word for word but the basic gist of it went something like this... 

"Gourmet, Grass-fed, Braised, etc. At the end of the day, it just boils down to having something in your belly." 

I cannot disagree with this enough. It is soooo wrong on sooo many levels. Especially nowadays.

And I honestly think that's just laziness speaking. Seriously, it isn't that hard nor expensive to eat healthy and stop filling your body with poison. All it takes is a bit of research and minimal kitchen skills.

I'm sorry if I might come off as too adamantly serious about it, it's just with people left and right getting sick lately, it's something I take very seriously, especially with my family. I really believe in the saying "an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure" and what better way to do it than with good, healthy food.

#pambansangmanok
roast chicken recipe for dummies

I stopped eating beef, pork and game back in college for ethical reasons. I went to culinary school where we had to learn how to butcher our own meat. Along with that was a visit to several slaughter houses. I couldn't take it. I started to go vegan but I couldn't stick with it for very long so for the past 10 years, I've been getting my protein from seafood, soy and chicken.

But not just any fish or chicken will do. I need to be sure that they are raised wild or in humane, natural environments.

Most farmed fish aren't healthy because of the food they are given, same goes with chicken. Most are injected with antibiotics and hormones to boost growth and prevent them from dying prematurely. They are also fed mostly with rubbish. Whatever they eat, we eat so you can see how GREATLY and directly this affects us.

Some people think it's a hassle to get good food. You'd need to order from special websites + spend an arm and a leg for good chicken. No, no, no.

MAGNOLIA-FRESH-CHILLED-WHOLE-CHICKEN
All it takes is a quick trip to the grocery!

I love how much supermarkets have evolved these past several years. Most now have areas dedicated specifically for organic produce. Because people are now more conscious of what they put in their bodies, there is now a larger than ever demand for honest food.

Magnolia Chicken is leading the pack! I was so happy to find out that their chickens are raised in stress-free environments! They're also rich in Omega 3,  plus are free from hormones, steroids and antibiotic promotants! Even better is how accessible and affordable they are. Also, I find them cleaner and they don't shrink after cooking. So +++!


As a former chef and restaurateur and now a mom, I always make it a point to work only with fresh, quality ingredients.

It makes any dish taste 10x better. Promise.

Whenever I have a full day away from home, I usually pre-marinate a whole chicken for roasting later in the evening. It's so easy to do, tastes great and makes your family think you slaved for hours in the kitchen when in reality, all  you've pretty much done is throw a bunch of ingredients together.

I'm sharing my secret recipe with you guys today....

QUICK EASY JUICY 7 INGREDIENT ROAST CHICKEN 


roast chicken recipe
magnolia chicken recipes

PROCEDURE:

First of all, you need to make sure that your chicken is properly thawed. Pat down excess water with paper towel.

  • Cut tiny slits all over chicken and stuff with garlic and butter
  • Squeeze lemon over chicken and massage
  • Rub entire chicken with butter (for crisp, yummy golden skin), follow with rock salt, cracked pepper and lots of rosemary
  • Place chicken in a baking tray on a bed of onions, discarded lemon peels and garlic
  • Toss potato wedges in a separate bowl with salt and pepper, distribute around roasting pan.
  • Chuck in oven and bake 450F for 10-15 minutes, then reduce temp to 350F and roast for 20 minutes per pound. 

juicy beginner's roast recipe with #pambansangmanok
easy 7 ingredient roast chicken recipe
Once done, this is what you'll end up with :)

juicy beginner's roast recipe with #pambansangmanok
pambansang manok
Serves 4-5. Calories per serving: around 250 calories + 50 grams protein (about half of  your daily dietary need! :)

I swear guys, this is super yummy and always a crowd pleaser in our household! Let me know if you try it, I'd love to hear your thoughts in the comments section below.

For more info on Magnolia Chicken, visit http://www.magnoliachicken.com/ and follow the hashtag #PambansangManok

Comments