Sea Of Shoes...in my bathroom!

As you all know, I have promised to do some spring cleaning today. Halfway through cleaning up my closet, I got bored and overwhelmed at the same time so I decided to give it a break and move on over to my shoe cabinet which is in our bathroom...
more boxes have overspilled into the bedroom....

As I was carefully organizing pumps with pumps, boots with boots, I remembered Chyrel's question a few months ago. She asked me how many pairs of shoes I own. I didn't know then so this got me really curious and I started counting....

1,2,3,4,5,35,47,56.....76!


I still own 76 pairs after selling several on ebay the past couple of months. Out of the 76, I probably get to use about 10 pairs on a regular basis. The rest are just worn on whims or never at all. I still have several with tags on them. The problem with this is that a lot deteriorate in storage.

Check out a few of my casualties:

never got to wear this...


I gave 5 pairs away to my daughter's Nanny, set aside a few for selling. I know I have to get rid of at least half the amount but it can sometimes be sooo painful! I always think, what if I'll need it for this occassion or that? With 76 pairs you think I wouldn't need anymore, but I still do. A lot of them are similar and bought on impulse. I have to be a lot more careful with my choices from now on. Note to self: Stop buying what you already have.

There were even a few pairs that I forgot I had. Maybe that's why there are so many that are almost identical to each other....

So tired from all the cleaning. Not entirely done yet but I think I'll continue tomorrow.

Now I'm curious, How many pairs of shoes do you own???

Seriously, shoes are like heroin.

Comments

Ar-Ar Malalis said…
I only have like 20 pairs! :) how I envy you! hahaha
Burning Skies said…
Wow! That's a LOT of shoes! Makes mine look kawawa haha maybe you should sell some of the pairs you don't wear!
CUP OF COUPLE said…
I dont know who many pairs I have, but Im sure you have more shoes than me!

G
Anonymous said…
ANSWER: Oh thank you, hope u will follow!
xoxo
Mary Lee said…
ah so many shoesss!
hope you'll enter my giveaway!
www.marylee31.blogspot.com
Unknown said…
woah, that's a LOT of shoes! :)
Mrs Vintage said…
wah.................!! Really Lots of shoes~~

http://mrsvintagehk.blogspot.com/
D said…
"Shoes are like heroin" haha. So true!

Are those Plueys rain boots? :)

http://daphneglowsinthedark.blogspot.com/
I have about 25 pairs of shoes. I do love them, but I keep myself from acquiring too many by selling a pair or throwing a pair away whenever I bring home new shoes. I try to keep my collection between 20 and 30, as I wouldn't be able to fit them all in our closet if I had more than that! My boyfriend only has six pairs of shoes- ha! Men never want much more than a pair of black shoes, a pair of brown shoes, some sneakers, and sandals. Glad I'm a girl!
Fashion Mom said…
wow all these shoes, i don't know how many i have xxx
Michelle said…
Lucky!! You have sooo many pairs!! :)
wow! you have a huge collection of shoes!
Kristen Leo said…
wow you have A LOT of shoes!!! jealous!
Unknown said…
whoa 76!
a woman cant have enough shoes!
haha.
disco in moscow said…
wow, i'm so jealous of this amazing collection, mine is really small.
xoxo

http://disco-in-moscow.blogspot.com/
Aya said…
76!? That's a big ole number! Now I'm curious to know how many I have... xoxo!

http://fatal-fashion.blogspot.com
Laurel said…
I'm too afraid to count, but I am sure I need more. I have a problem.
Ginta said…
I haven't counted mine (I could be close to 50 :)) but I agree - there's never enough! :) I know that I need to replace some, so, there's a reason for shopping. ;)
Unknown said…
thanks for the comment on my blog ! your blog is great ! im the same i currently have so many shoes that I now have to sneak into the house with them because my boyfriend will go crazy lol

http://myheadandwardrobe.blogspot.com/
Michelle Lee said…
great shoes :)


http://pinklemonincrystal.blogspot.com
Chyrel Gomez said…
omg!
76 is such a big number!
ang dami!! :)
@tara: me too, can't imagine living with just 6 pairs! men tend to go ga-ga over nike's though, at least my husband and friends do. sometimes adidas! haha :)
inside my head and wardrobe: that's sooo funny! i do the same thing! sometimes i keep it in the trunk of our car and wait til it's "all clear"! haha :)
loved reading all your replies to this question. such a simple question but i got so many interesting replies! :)
Burning Skies said…
Btw, to answer your question, I got the striped polo and shorts in a random stall inside Greenhills tiangge haha I have no idea what's the name of the store though :) And both fit pretty well.
wow! sea of shoes really hahah..mine? not even 1/4 of yours but feeling so guilty na for i feel so selfish in buying and buying hahha..they are my salvation,my heroin too. can't give up collecting more, haist!
NubiasNonsense said…
I wish my bathroom looked like that lol
Issa said…
wow, i soooo envy you!!! i can't have too many shoes coz there's not enough storage in our house and as you said they really deteriorate when stored....